!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Gone Hunting.. > Turkey Hunting

got 'er done

(1/2) > >>

yari:
had a great morning. saw 7 jakes, a hen and 12 deer before 11:00. 2 of the deer licked my decoy. goofy deer

there was some gobbling early and then sporadic after that. at 11:00 i sent  out some calls and took a stretch. it was 25 degrees the last 2 mornings and the joints aren't as good as they use to be. sure enough i see toms coming in quiet. i tucked back under my tree and counted. 5 toms and 2 jakes falling all over themselves. it was tough to get a clean shot at a single head. the toms were all bookends, so i didn't care which one cleared first. 3/4" spurs and a 9" beard. probably a 2 year old

yesterday emily came. unfortunately, she had class today. we had an old tom coming hard form behind. the new blind doesn't have a window in the back. otherwise, she would have her first tom. he was gobbling and drumming so close we jumped every time he sounded off. he was back there for 5-10 minutes. he wouldn't come around the back. i saw him circling later. it wasn't the lonest beard, but it was probably the thickest i've seen.

we'll try again between her class schedule. i was hoping she would shoot both of ours. oh well, bird in hand   

dave 1211:
great story love the hunting store

sundowner:
Great story , congrats for the Tom , hope Emily gets her chance for a Tom.  ##$%#1118

Madgomer:
Congrats Yari - hope Em gets some free time and good weather to get back out there with you!

MI_Bowhunter:
Congrats!!  Sounds like a great day in the woods.

I hunted last Sunday. Saw 15 hens and no beards. Only heard one gobble but it was far off and could not call it in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version