!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Gone Hunting.. > Deer Hunting

Sad day for Butts County Sportsman Club

(1/4) > >>

Split toe:
Just got a call today from the manager that runs our lease  The property has been sold and closing is the end of March. Well it's time to get busy and try to find another track. That want be easy and I'm getting to old to start over again but we'll see what the future brings. We had a great run on this lease!!! The property was on the market one day and sold.

Gutshot:
WOW, that's a shame with all the work you guys have done down there. Did the land owner inform you that the property was going to be put up for sale? Are you able to talk with the new owners to see if they would consider a lease or continue the lease with your club?

Keep us updated.

MI_Bowhunter:
WOW, that sucks!!

Hopefully you can work something out with the new owners or find some new property with potential.

Madgomer:
I feel your pain - the property I've had the privilege to hunt deer and turkeys on for decades is now up for sale as well.  Considering buying a chunk of it, but at this point in life I'm not sure I want to create one more thing that makes it harder to bail out of Illinois. 

Hopefully you can work something out with the new owners.

yari:
land prices around here are crazy. i wish my place had fewer wolves and more deer. at least it's a place to go

good luck finding a new place. can you guys pool some funds and buy a place? might be better than losing a lease

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version