!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Tools of the Trade > Gear & Equipment

ground blinds

(1/2) > >>

yari:
i'm in the market for a new ground blind. SD winds have claimed 2 of mine. i'm looking for durable poles and construction. ameristep, primos double bulls and cabelas blinds have all failed in SD. maybe i'm expecting too much? anybody try barronette blinds?

i also need some room for 2. emily and i will be turkey hunting together, so a 3 person blind would be best.

thx

MI_Bowhunter:
I have a Barronette.  Do not recall what model, but it is pretty big.  I bought it from a friend.

Nice blind sturdy construction.  My only complaint is that the windows are a little high.

I would look up the model but it is up at my cabin.

Madgomer:
I think that's what my bigger one is too Yari.  I'll have to check tomorrow.  It's about 6X6' square.  Haven't used it a great deal, but agree with MIB's comment about the windows being a bit higher than I'd like.

BoBallistic:
I have the Primos "Blind Luck", in fact will put out the second one this coming hunting season...the first one lasted about 5 years...and the fiber glass rods came out of the hubs....I guess I could use it and secure the ground and still use it.....but this blind is a good bigger blind...not to big, I can get a chair and a smaller folding table in it....it big enough for a tall person as well....I am 68 inches tall and with boots on I guess I am about 69 or 70 inches tall and have no problems in standing up and either pulling off a jacket or putting one on....

But all the ground blinds will have a shelf life on them...I own also 4 other Primos Blinds they are the 4 ft x 4 ft by 60" size...sort of tight for a guy like me...but you can set these in the middle or no where and they do have a small foot print on them.....But 2 of the 4 rods have come out of the hugs...I have tighten them up some with a Phillips Head screwdriver and that seems to work for a year or two....but these blind do have shelf life to them.....

Bo

Flintlock1776:
I use Double Bull Blinds. A bit heavy but roomy. Got a lot of critters sitting in that blind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version