!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Tools of the Trade > Firearms

Mistaken Identity in Obama Radio Ad.

(1/1)

NJ Bowhunter:

Obama Radio Ad: Itís NOT Jim Shockey!
Please be advised ... to all who have heard a recent United States political ad on the radio, the person speaking is NOT Jim Shockey. We have received many e-mails from fans who have mis-heard the person's name.

This radio ad is approved by the Obama campaign, and the speaker is Ray Schoenke, the president of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA). He pronounces his name such that it sounds like "Shockey." Jim, obviously, has no affiliation with this group.

We would GREATLY appreciate it if all of you who read this would help to clear Jim's good name. As you can imagine, Jim has taken some unfair criticism as a result of this mistaken identity.

The fact that people don't take the time to investigate the facts before they lash out has caused substantial confusion. Many of Jim's TV sponsors, licensees and business partners have received e-mails and phone calls from angry consumers saying that they will never again buy their products. As you can see, this kind of error on the part of folks who rush to judgment can turn into more than just a rumor. It can begin to impact on a person's livelihood and reputation.

Here is a statement from Jim: "I am 100 percent for gun ownership by law-abiding citizens. As a Canadian I cannot vote in U.S. elections, of course, but I would never ever support any candidate who is anti-gun."

Thank you for your support and helping to spread the word. Please consider forwarding this important statement of fact to any and all persons on your e-mail list so that they can help us to clear Jim's good name.

For more information and updates, or to subscribe to Jim's e-newsletter go to: www.jimshockey.com.

NJ %^$^

wvwhitetail:
Great info NJ I had really wondered about that.

bowtie:
common sense would tell people jim would have no dog in the fight being he is not an american citizen

Puddle Jumper:
Thanks NJ,
I was wondering who the heck this dude was because it was not Jim Shockey as I know his voice from watching his shows.  This guy acts like he was some kind of sports player and I never heard of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA), Duuu.  How many folks have they fooled???!!!   @--0--0127  @--0--0117

PJ

Double D Gunworks:
 check out the info on "ahsa" they are a bunch of "gun grabbers" backed by antigun politicians    http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2008/02/29/american_hunters_and_shooters_association_screech-2/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version