!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Tools of the Trade > Firearms

Gun Scrubber-Be Careful!

(1/4) > >>

tgrif:
I was cleaning my 870 today with Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber and it ate the dipped camo finish right off of the metal parts. Didn't seem to bother it on the forearm and buttstock.
The finish was applied about 3 years ago by DuraCoat and this is the first time I had used the gunscrubber. I now have a 2 color shotgun. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper right now.

BubbaBrown:
Thanks for the heads up on the gun scrubber, because I'm sure that many of our friends here have the dipped camo on their weapons. I still have cloth camo tape on mine from ten years ago. I'm scared to take it off. Maybe I should use gun scrubber.

tgrif:
After I sprayed the gun with the scrubber, the finish blistered up and could be wiped off by hand. I have sent an email to birchwood casey advising them of what happened. So, we will see.

BubbaBrown:
I hope it will loosen the tape on my 870. What's bad for you, may be good for me.

tgrif:
if that doesn't work, try plain ole rubbing alcohol. I will post updates when I hear from Birchwood Casey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version