New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: I guess I have to get a crossbow now....  (Read 2585 times)

Offline BOGO

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point Double Droptine
  • Is Ready for Turkey Season!!!!!
Re: I guess I have to get a crossbow now....
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »
I believe I would like it to if I was to shoot one so I try to stay away from them. To me There ain't nothing like my compound. Until I get unable to pull it back I think I will have to stick with it. But their again I have never shot a cross bow! I have had the chance a few times just didn't do it I guess  I am afraid I will Like it enough to have to go buy one.
Its not always about the Harvest.Its about all the events & memories the Good Lord Blessed you with during the Hunt.Those are the Real Trophys!Remember to Love this land & Pass It on(25years experience of chasin Beards & Bucks)
*Pro Staff for Straight Creek Calls

Offline Newt

• Spike
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 12:18:29 PM »
I hate to admit this, but I got a crossbow because I couldn't shoot a compound very well.  I tried a bunch of different things and just couldn't shoot groups good enough to feel good about my ability to make kill shots.  But I shot my hunting buddies crossbow and what a difference.  Now that I have one, I can shoot great groups and I am excited about getting in the woods.

Offline BeaglePup

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 05:30:42 PM »
I was never perfect with my compond bow but i never made an unethical shot either and took a few doe (never had a shot at a buck).  8 years ago i injured my right elbow and was unable to shot my bow any longer.  I was so glad that Virginia allowed me (with Dr. report) to use a cross bow but not all counties (including the one i live in) went along with the law until Virginia changed to law completely and now consideres a crossbow archery equipment and can be used during any archery season in th state.  I have killed two doe now with my crossbow and really enjoy it.  Still waiting for that buck to come in though.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Lizette

• Spike
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »
Well, crossbows provide me with many years of outdoor shooting fun.

New Page 3

Google Ad