New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: another rant.....  (Read 1790 times)

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
Re: another rant.....
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »

great rant!

great answers as well

to each there own s a very good statement...

@--0--0101 to all as i agree witht he above stated..
Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline Jaeger

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
    • http://www.kassnerlaw.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 09:04:49 AM »
paragraphs, Chuck wagon, paragraps!!!!!  too much info to digest.

I think we need a "Rant" thread/collumn.
NRA Life Member
NYS Lifetime Sportsman,
Trapping, Bowhunting and
Muzzleloading License Holder
NYS Tracking Dog License Holder

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 04:18:56 PM »
Well I can respect his right not to act when attacked and I feel that he should respect my right to defend what is mine by all mean necessary. I guess what bugs me most about the antis is they feel like they have to tell everybody what to do and if you don't agree you are wrong- I don't run around and tell everyone that they HAVE TO own a gun or carry a gun or HUNT or FISH if they don't want to do any of these thing that is fine by me!! So why do they feel the need to jump on my backside evry time they have an opinion-- I have more but I'm to worked up to type SHOOT!!!  >:(
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline sirrobbinhood

• 2014/2015 Whitetail Deer Championship Winner
  • 8 Point
  • I love being in the woods!
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:34:59 AM »
Isn't it wierd that people like this Boss are usually the people that get promoted to positions like that!!!  While the regular common sense using work force just does their duties and does not get promoted!!!  What would happen to this country if only good people that promoted and ran the country!!!  Maybe us good ones need to work harder to get into positions that we would have an affect on the outcomes of situations like this!!!  I carry when I feel my life depends on it and the law states other wise...when the law is on my side I carry everywhere.  I am glad there are people like you guys out there that feel the same way as me!!!
"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
"Stuff happens when you party naked"
NRA Patron Member
NAH Lifetime Member
Former Air Force Sniper 
Hunting and Fishing and loving every second of it!
Been waiting a long time for this...
2014/15 Deer Hunting Champions team member!!! 
Sir Pointsalot

Offline PensacolaEd

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »
I would much rather have my gun and not need it, than need my gun and not have it. I carry everywhere I am allowed to, you just never know when the feces hits the air circulator.

Ed

Offline chuckwagon

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
    • The Camo Gamer
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »
Thats what I keep saying.  Everyone asks me "what are the chances of that happening?".  Bad, I hope.  But if that chance comes around, I'll be ready
NRA Member

Democracy: Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
Liberty:  A well armed sheep contesting the outcome.

Offline deerhtn

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 07:43:52 AM »
Chuck, I've been carrying for many years now.  Have I ever pulled my gun? Nope.  Will I ever have to? I very seriously hope that never happens.  Will I if I have to?  In a "dead" minute!  My life and the lives of those I care about have a value far above those who think they can take them.  If they try, I am a firm believer in saving money (but I doupt the justice system will send me a letter about how much I saved them in their corrections budget).  The law states that you can only shoot enough to prevent further threat...  I will not "print" what I deem "further threat", it's a definition of interpitation. 

A gun is just a tool.  A mind is the weapon.  A criminal mind is a disease.

...Hope your boss doesn't have to test his theory... A criminal's tool might just open his mind to the wrong kind of light.

Offline sirrobbinhood

• 8 Point
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 08:19:38 AM »
I always tell people that "chance favors those who are prepared".  A friend of mine told me that one time and I like it so much that is what I use when people call me paranoid and crazy!  It may never happen, I say, but what if it does...what are you going to do then?  If you don't mentally and physically prepare yourself for combat or anything really how can you expect yourself to preform well?...and by well I mean survive!  I think that people who live in a fantasy world of "it will never happen to me" are the ones who are crazy...they think that evil is just a made up thing that film makers thought up to make money in the theaters.  Well I have been around long enough to see evil...with my own eyes in some parts of the world and I will tell you that it is most defintally real and in this world!!!  I don't care who tells me otherwise!  I think everyone should carry firearms...it is their God given right to self defense and people who try to take that away are trying to harm you or your family!  I will never be sorry for owning and carrying firearms and woe to whoever tries to take them away from me and harm my family!!!  But I know I am preaching to the choir on this one...
NRA Patron Member
NAH Lifetime Member
Former Air Force Sniper 
Sir Pointsalot

Offline Otdrsman3

• Spike
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »
In talking with someone with this point of view, you probably won't change their train of thought. But think back at all the school shootings, shootings in college campuses,  the shooting in Philly, what if one qualified person had been carrying and taken a shot to end the killings. Would they deny that person the chance to protect their life and that of the lives of others? God is Great, Beer is good, and People are crazy!!!!
At the age of 12 I began being my step dad's personal driving crew. I spent two years trouncing thru creek beds, woods, draws yelling, clapping and singing to jump deer.
The remaining 39 years I've been learning and loving the great outdoors that we all are blessed with.

Offline ManMountain

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 05:05:49 AM »
Their logic only makes sense to them ie; if there were no guns people wouldn't kill other people. They refuse to realize that since the invention of gunpowder, firearms have continually evolved and man will always continue to improve on what is currently available. If firearms were not available, humans would find something else to use as a weapon. History shows this. Most of these people forget that even though firearms have been illegal in NYC for many years, many used to make their own "zip guns" to use. They fail to acknowledge the fact that people are the dominant factor in the equation and firearms are only tools and like any tool that is misused, they will do serious damage. Denial just makes them feel better. @--0--0117

Dave
I've had the huntin bug for 49 years now.

Offline sirrobbinhood

• 8 Point
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 07:31:47 AM »
ah yes the "D" word...it ain't just a river in Egypt ya know!!!
NRA Patron Member
NAH Lifetime Member
Former Air Force Sniper 
Sir Pointsalot

Offline ghost

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 07:45:24 AM »
Here is the BEST example of how our "leaders" think......

I recently flew commercial airlines to WY to my son's wedding.
Had to half strip, remove shoes, have everything x-rayed and do just about eveything.....all in the name of safety and security.......

Little background, I'm a Retired Viet Nam vet, and currently a police officer.....need I say more in regards to how many different ways/techniques I know to end your life....without guns, knives or bombs......

So after all this what do they do when we reach cruising altitude??????

HAND ME AN ALUMINUM CAN OF COKE ! ? ! ? !

For those not grasping the stupidity of this.......
You flatten the can, bend it in the middle a few times and you have not one but TWO prefect slashing type weapons which are more than adequate to cut/kill anyone.

Now lets talk about guns killing people...........   --099-780
Give me a break.
Courage is not about medals.
It's simple, you run towards the gun fire not away from it.     Semper Fi....

Offline sirrobbinhood

• 8 Point
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 07:57:01 AM »
Aside from a coke can...with all the hoopla about MMA these days you think that people out there don't know twist someones head until it pops?  Don't take too much pressure for that to happen!  I, like you, am a military police officer as well as an instructor for the army's ground fighting school.  I mean there are so many things that they ban but yet they let you take pens...towels...cords for electronic devices...etc.  And people think they are safe cause there might be an Air Marshell on board!!!  Sheep!!!  BAAAAAAHHHHHH
NRA Patron Member
NAH Lifetime Member
Former Air Force Sniper 
Sir Pointsalot

New Page 3

Google Ad