New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Michigan's most whacked out tournament coming  (Read 2947 times)

Up North Journal

Re: Michigan's most whacked out tournament coming
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »

good to know were pretty wacked out here in michigan!!! --7-8-9

that looks dangerous for my arrowns!!!  ouch...

Not if your a good shooter!  Last year a kid won this event by shooting through a hole that was 1 5/8" wide!  He did it 5 times in a row to be a show off!  Twice while sitting!

Offline fishingfooltim

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
    • Up North Journal
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 01:06:05 PM »
I heard from a very reliable source that the winning kid has one very proud papa as he should be.
Up North Journal Team Member
www.upnorthjournal.com
NRA Member
NWTF Member

Offline Alpha

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • 2009 Prize winner
    • Team Dirt
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »
If you bring 5 guys you can get in free or nock (get it?) 5 bucks off, any takers? Anyone that travels over 60 miles will also get a $5 discount, anyone that will be out of the state will get in for $10. The proceeds go 100% into the range, insurance, targets, prizes, etc.

Up North Journal

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »
Come on guys we had 16 shooters last year, I want to see 25 this year at least!!!!  Mark your calenders and get over to compass!!!!!!

Offline Alpha

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • 2009 Prize winner
    • Team Dirt
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »
No one from Th coming?  ???

Offline fishingfooltim

• Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
    • Up North Journal
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 10:48:31 PM »
I hate to say it but I won't be attending. :(  It just dawned on me that that is the same day as my daughters 5th birthday so that is going to have to take priority.  I really enjoyed last years and am bummed but there is always next year.  So guess that means that someone from Talk Hunting is going to have to step up and take my place. ;D
Up North Journal Team Member
www.upnorthjournal.com
NRA Member
NWTF Member

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 11:55:56 PM »
When good ole Fred Trost was alive, he used to have some sort of outdoor fair every year.  I always wanted to go, but could never find the time.  Anyway, he used to have what he called the Bionic Buck.  It was a silhouette of a nice buck, made out of steel plate. It had a small hole in it, maybe 2-3 inches in diameter.  Anyway, you won a price if you put your arrow through the hole.  If you didn't, you got a lot of laughs from the spectators, and a shattered shaft as a souvenir.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 08:11:14 AM »
if i was closer i would come, but from talking with UNJ it sounds like we will be doing some whacked out shooting at the nother TH.C campout. so you will get a chance to trash my arrows then.
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Up North Journal

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
if i was closer i would come, but from talking with UNJ it sounds like we will be doing some whacked out shooting at the nother TH.C campout. so you will get a chance to trash my arrows then.

I really think that Alpha's goal by running the archery range is to collect as many broken arrows as possible!  (not his though)

Offline Alpha

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • 2009 Prize winner
    • Team Dirt
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 06:59:32 PM »
The Cinder block SMASH! Has been postponed until September 13th. Now everyone can mark the calenders for it. Most TH Michigan members will know where it is because of the aniversary shoot we are doing. No excuses!  @--0--0123 @--0--0106

Up North Journal Jr.

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »
Thats the fun part, its a personal goal not to destroy them @--0--0120

good to know were pretty wacked out here in michigan!!! --7-8-9

that looks dangerous for my arrowns!!!  ouch...
I dont think I would be using my high dollar carbon arrows that could get expensive quick @--0--0105

Offline weberj62

• 4 Point
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 03:17:26 AM »
man i wish i lived closer
respect my authority!!!!

New Page 3

Google Ad