New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: WHITE TURKEYS  (Read 2278 times)

Offline mebyrne57

• Fawn
    • Mark Byrne, Artist
Re: WHITE TURKEYS
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »
I used to hunt a farm outside of Leesburg, VA. That during the depression was a commercial turkey farm, it went into bank foreclosure and the story has it that the farmer released all the turkeys before the sheriff arrived, the place was loaded with turkeys 50 years later, there were some with strange color patterns, the domestic had breed with the local wilds many times over. They were some cool looking turkeys.

www.huntingandfishingnw.com
Iím the NRA & B.A.S.S. and I VOTE! Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Ducks Unlimited, Tacoma Sportsmen's Club, Tacoma, WA. Petal Bass Club, Hattiesburg, MS. Washington Pond Jumperz (BASS Club), Webmaster, Mississippi BASS Federation Nation & WA. BASS, past President, VP & current Conservation Director

Offline sdwolfden

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »
Those look like the ones we saw and thought that they were gray.  Going to try for them come September 1st.
Ethical hunting isn't just about perfect shot placement.  It's also the knowledge that you are an ethical hunter and a true sportsman.  Enjoy the hunt and the experience, whether you shoot something or not.   Live every day as if it's your last.
There's a reason it's called hunting, not shopping

Offline SRHunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
    • Scotland Ridge Hunting Club
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 08:09:49 PM »
I waiting to see one of these white turkeys in our woods.  That would be cool.
When I die bury me where I can hear the turkeys gobble in the Spring time.

Offline westga hunter

• 7 Point
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »
Very cool pics Thanks for sharing.  @--0--0101
Adversity doesn't build character it reveals it.                                                                                            36 yrs    River Oak Outfitters Wannabe

Offline Wood.Shannon

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 4 Point
    • HelloHunting
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 08:40:08 PM »
You haven't killed your neighbors turkey yet have you.I think he claim he was missing one.That's a tame corn fed turkey catch him and use him as a live decoy don't shoot him
Shannon L. Wood

Employed By Auburn University
TeamYoungGunz Pro Staff
http://hellohunting.com Owner
Outdoor Industry 10 Years Service
Biologist Aide
Land Manager

New Page 3

Google Ad