New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: FRANCHI RENAISSANCE  (Read 883 times)

Offline deerboy91

• Prize Winner
  • Spike
  • if it's brown it's down.
FRANCHI RENAISSANCE
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:48:19 PM »
Hey guys I would like your opinion on the FRANCHI RENAISSANCE o/u shot gun either 12 or 20 gauge mostly 20. I would be using it for Grouse and pheasants mostly. and i was wondering if it was too light for a turkey? @--0--0109

Deerboy91
check out my deer camp's web site at www.bentboard.org

You can call me the "Sharpshooter"

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: FRANCHI RENAISSANCE
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »
As long as you get a good tight pattern with and keep the range under 35 yards the twenty should be fine .
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BuckeyB

• Button Buck
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »
hey deerboy91 the franchi renaissance is the perfect gun for all those birds you hunt, but i think the benelli ultra light would be the best gun you could possibly get for a reasonable price.   good luck kid on making a tough decision.
Take your kids hunting!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
That's a good gun and in a 20 gage, I don't think you can go wrong, and like sundowner said, pattern it, and know what it can do at 30-35 yards for the turkey. You will enjoy shooting it alot.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

New Page 3

Google Ad