New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Your Favorite Recipes....  (Read 663 times)

Offline jimgiven

• 2010 Nov Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
Your Favorite Recipes....
« on: March 13, 2009, 06:18:12 AM »
Guys....why not make a post here of your favorite load recipe.  It may be helpful to others.  Questions are always welcome.

BTW, when working up loads, try different brands of brass, don't mix them.  Some of my guns do not like a particular brand.  For example, my Browing Eclipse in 22-250 loves Remington brass, likes Winchester, hates Federal.  My 7mm-08 hates Remington brass and loves Federal.  Have fun!

.223 - I use 50 grain Nosler Ballistic tips, with 26 grains of Accurate 2230, this powder was developed specifically for the 223. Work up loads with these and then try different bullets, etc.  I betcha that if you fine that the Varget and 50 Noslers work, you wouldn't change.

Jim

Take your kids hunting before you have to hunt for you kids!!!

Offline ke7cjw

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Are you part of the New Breed Nation?
Re: Your Favorite Recipes....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »
My favorite recipe for the 22-250 Remington is 38 grains of Hodgdon H380 with a 55 grain Hornady sxst bullet. makes quick work of any varmint. This is not a maximum load, but it gives good spead and incredible accuracy. I read a reloading article years ago about loading the 22-250 and good that load performed when they were developing the powder at Hodgdon they named the powder after the load. 
73's
ke7cjw
Life member of the NRA
Life member of the North American Fishing club

Offline deerhtn

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »
I'm running light load of 33.5 grains of H110 under Hornady HP/XTP Mag 250's in Winchester and Star brass with CCI SR primers.  It's worked great as a hunting round and took my first buck with it a couple years ago.  Dropped in his tracks.  Very hard on the ears though.

Offline horseshoer

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 04:16:55 AM »
Since my injury 4 year's ago, I can no longer shoot my rifles. That being said, I now shoot a T.C. Contender that has been fully customized by Bullberry Barrel Work's. 15 inch barrel, muzzle break, custom wood, in 30/30 cal. I load as follow's. 28 grns. H-4198, CCI LR primer's, 150 grn SBT. What a shooter.
Hunt hard, teach a kid to hunt, enjoy life.

New Page 3

Google Ad