New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: EASTON BOWHUNTING TV  (Read 780 times)

Offline BMCS

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
EASTON BOWHUNTING TV
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:43:10 AM »
Well here I sit in my lazyboy, last 2 days it has been raining (3.5"). I turn on the telly and ole Fred Eichler is hunting Montana with Jackie Bushman.  He has his recurve and is seeing alot of deer, He finally gets a shot at a decent buck at 30 yards and the buck ducks the arrow, next day Fred gets a shot at another buck close and he ducks.  I guess if you have never had a deer duck a arrow this show definitely showed you how they do it in slow motion. 
I think this also shows how important a quiet bow is, both of the deer he shot at I thought seemed very relaxed and they ducked them arrows like it wasnt nothing.
Anyway pretty cool show.
BMCM(SW/AW) Retired

Offline lpptz

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
Re: EASTON BOWHUNTING TV
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »
If we all had our hunts filmed we could tell if this is happening to our faster bows.I wonder how many spine shots are deer jumping the string.

lp

Offline hawghunter65

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point Droptine
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:47:16 AM »
bmcs,

most of my deer with a bow have been under 15 yards and just about all of them dropped to the sound of my bow as sound travels at over 700 mph depending on air density, no bow is that fast and even in a split second they react.  i would say over 75% of all deer missed or hit are hit higher than where the bowhunter was aiming.  once i saw this on video and heard the bow fire myself and see the deer react before the arrow was even half way there i have always tried to aim at the bottom third of the chest to counter this effect.  most are then center punched and not hit high.  put your videos in slow motion and see it yourself.  i agree with you, either spined or missed the majority of the time when aiming at the middle or high in the chest depending on the angle and distance away.
Brad Gordon, Staff Writer TH
52 years of chasing fur and feathers
NRA member
Past member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Member National Wild Turkey Federation
WTI user, grower, and believer
Matthew's bows
"Bone Collector" Team Member

Offline shortgrass

• Button Buck
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »
Thats why Fred should use a Bowtech 101st Airborne. I am confident that at 30 yards, I could aim at his spine, its all over. But thats just me. %^$^

Offline lpptz

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
I also hold slightly low because of deer jumping the string.I would much rather have a clean miss if I happen to shoot under a deer.Than hit that area on a deer just above it's lungs and below it's spine.
I have heard so many stories of deer being hit in this area that are never found.

lp

Offline MI Archer

• Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Allen Park MI
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »
I also hold low in the chest cavity aiming for the top of the heart area. I am also meticulous about noice reduction on my hunting bows. %^$^
Hunting is not just recreation it's a way of life

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 08:44:13 AM »
have you seen the episode where he is in alaska hunting brown bear and a sow charges his boat, it was intense
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

New Page 3

Google Ad