New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: fall turkeys 08  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
Re: fall turkeys 08
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
IN IL YOU CAN GET A FALL ARCHERY TURKEY TAG FOR $5.00. GREAT FOR THANKSGIVING %^$^
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Offline timag

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
  • READY FOR MORAL'S AND SPRING TURKEY'S
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 09:11:43 PM »
5 buck's wow that would be great , here in iowa $23.00 . that's why one license is about all i can get . this spring was tuff so i did end up spending another 23 for a second tag . that's the way it goes i guess . good huntin t.g.

Offline kawappa

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 04:14:37 AM »
Since the hens and the toms are all bunched together, I've heard the best way to hunt them is to bust them up and scatter them, then set up at that exact spot. It won't be long before you will hear them yelping and trying to get back together and they will all be heading back to the place they were last together.
I'd rather be hunting
48 years of hunting experience

Offline rugerred

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Take a kid hunting and you take one off the street
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »
Just got my fall tag, sure wish it was for my deer land, tons of em.
Hoyt Katera
Hoyt Power Tech
Ruger Red Label
Big Black Labs

Offline rugerred

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Take a kid hunting and you take one off the street
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
Just bought an extra tag for up north.  Now I can take one from the bow stand, wish I had it last weekend.
Hoyt Katera
Hoyt Power Tech
Ruger Red Label
Big Black Labs

Offline limbhanger

• Spike
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:54 AM »
In my county we do not have a fall season and seem the turkeys are on the decline. Just to many coons , predators for them to be very successful. This year it was all the water.
I have about given up even hunting turkey in my state opting to go to Oklahoma instead.
Have always dreamed of taking my son to take an Osceola and them a Merriam.
Enjoy God's Great Outdoors!!!
Kevin

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 09:40:32 PM »
Here in both Kansas and Missouri (I am right on the state line and hunt both states) there is a fall season where you can take either a hen or tom with a limit of two.  I find it much tougher hunting as the turkey are harder to pattern and don't really respond to calls.  I haven't had any luck busting up flocks and then calling back birds EXCEPT for the very young hens.  I find the only strategy is to try to ambush them, and then hope the toms come by you first.  In some ways I find it more fun to hunt quail, woodcock and squirrels while waiting for deer season.  I haven't decided if I will go fall turkey hunting this year or not.

Doug

Offline lumberjack128

• Button Buck
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »
here in PA we can hunt either sex but it is harder to locate them because the only thing on their mind is food

New Page 3

Google Ad