talkhuntin.com
Thank you for visiting the TalkHunting Community. We encourage you to register and jump right in. Since membership is free, what do you have to lose? This is a place to learn, have fun, share your experiences and express ideas. As a member, you can add your own comments and topics, participate in the promotions and really enjoy all that TalkHunting has to offer.

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to view pictures or post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. Our members can register for monthly prize drawings, enter contests and share their knowledge and stories of this great sport with others. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

Don

Author Topic: My family.  (Read 1120 times)

Offline illinoisdeerhunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
Re: My family.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
so did you use big dogs or rabid wolverines to keep the boys away from your daughters? 

That, my friend, was and continues to be a tough one.  Just as my daughters were turning 14 and 16, their mom left us.  It's tough enough raising girls together...WOW...as a single dad it's a REAL challenge!  I just told the boys UP FRINT what I expected.  I guess I scared em but although I'll never tell the girls, I was scared too!
The outdoors...a family tradition!

Offline Backdraft94

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
  • The future of hunting
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 06:21:18 AM »
Dude your my hero!!!!  Thats just amazing! congrats man not only are you an inspiration..but you really need to write a book!!!  our daughter has had a boy or 2 comeover to visit....the first thing I do is show em the pics of the first deer I killed with a crossbow...and what the broadhead did to it...then I show em the broadhead!!! Seems to get their attention!  ;D

But seriously keep up what your doing!!!!!

and remember the best words you can overhear are "sorry I can't go out Friday night I'm going Fishing/Hunting with my Dad on Saturday!!!"
Tanner Ridge Hunt Club
"When the tailgate drops, The playin stops!!!!"
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Lousy Hunter!!!!
Member of 4 BigBucks
2nd place 2010 TH Deer Championship

Offline illinoisdeerhunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 07:29:36 AM »
Hey, don't be too quick to 'put me on a pedestal'.  I've screwed up plenty when it comes to raising my kids.  I just gotta keep reminding myself to make descisions based on what is best, in the long run, for my kid(s).  I've had times when my daughter(s) wouldn't talk to me for days, even weeks.

No matter what you do, keep your kids' best interst at heart and someday, maybe years from the 'tough times' they'll respect you and your stance...I hope!
The outdoors...a family tradition!

Offline traveling man

• Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 01:17:39 PM »
Good looking family, thanks for sharing
2009 Talk Hunting Shed Champion-Individual/Team
Hadi Shrine-Hospital Staff-Evansville, IN
Indiana Free Mason
Youth Baseball and Basketball coach
AAPL- Professional Landman
35 years of hunting

Offline DEERSLAYER

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 11:35:55 PM »
Beautiful family you have there illinoisdeerhunter! It is great that you got your boy into hunting and were able to at least get your girls into fishing. A little Birdie told me that if you answer the door with a 12 gauge pump and strike up a friendly conversation with the young man about how many football fields you can hit your target from with your deer rifle as well as mentioning how you expect him to conduct himself with your daughter, etc, that it will have a profoundly positive affect on the young man and he acts quite respectfully. Again, a little Birdie told me this. @--0--0125 ;D @--0--0124

Also, you look younger than I expected. It must be all that wisdom you have acquired doing a great job raising your kids by yourself. :) --9-8-7

Offline uney3

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Life Member N.A.H.C. Life Member N.A.F.C.
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 11:45:50 AM »
Great looking family you have there illinoisdeerhunter, thanks for sharing pictures..

Offline silver back Hoyt

• 4 Point
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 01:44:19 PM »
Great picture I don't envy you one bit two teenage daughters and you single sounds like a tough job for sure. I only have one son but I am also alone in the raising process but at least I was a boy and can relate to my sons problems with girls I would be lost. Great job
P  People
E  Eating
T  Tasty
A  Animals

Offline camogirl

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 6 Point
  • Hunt Like A Girl
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 06:23:13 PM »
 @--0--0130 thanks 4 sharing!
Hunt Like A Girl