New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Time to get ready!!!  (Read 805 times)

Offline limbhanger

• Spike
Time to get ready!!!
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:14:59 AM »
Going Thursday to get me a new gun for turkey season. I am so ready to start hearing them sound off!! Our seasons have really sucked for me in Arkansas. Last season was the first time I didn't kill here. Had to go to Oklahoma.
I know the rest of you turkey hunters are getting excited too!!!
Enjoy God's Great Outdoors!!!
Kevin

Offline red28

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • "AIM SMALL MISS SMALL"
Re: Time to get ready!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:36 AM »

@--0--0101 with your new weapon!!!!

Mossy Oak Pro-staff
NRA Life Member

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »
Still have 3 months up here plus the 2 feet of snow does not help , but still can't wait .  -0078 @--0--0109
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 08:20:20 AM »
I just got a turkey choke for the gun I am going to use this year. I will be shooting as soon as weather permits.

Offline western KY hunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:32:10 AM »
cant wait goin to alabama in march to hunt for a week me and wvwhitetail and another buddy we will be hunt proptery 3000 acres that hasn't been turkey hunted in years they deer hunt thats all  @--0--0118
MIKE'S MAGIC  PRO STAFF
OWNER and HEAD GUIDE FOR RIVER OAK OUTFITTER'S
HUNTED FOR 33 YEARS
FOUNDER OF WKHTM

Offline swgahunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
    • drop zone outdoors
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »
i am ready now - got the gun, choke, decoy, calls, and all i need is shells - i can't wait hopefully this year i will get my first bird - and hope to get one here in ga 1 in al and 1 in fl and maybe mo and tx we'll see what happens with the funds ;)
living la vida qdm
when in doubt -- don't shoot

Offline Zos41

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • taken around time HG and I were married
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 01:54:49 PM »
I am getting excited about going turkey hunting this spring, last summer was the first time I have ever tried. I saw a number of turkeys in the fall and often see them when deer hunting.

Having one take off out of an tree over your head in the winter when rabbit hunting wakes me right up @--0--0109
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:40:36 PM by zos41 »
Zos41 retired on abandon farm in Northern NY
Life member of NRA
US Army Vet 65-68 SP5
2009 Eastern Party
2010 Campout
2010 NE party
2011 SummerBlast
2012 SummerBlast
2015 SummerBlast
2016 SummerBlast

Offline uney3

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Life Member N.A.H.C. Life Member N.A.F.C.
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 07:04:36 PM »
Just pick up a new blind at Cabela's on Sunday,, now I'm ready @--0--0118

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »
I am ready to get ready!  Will start cleaning up the food plot hopefully this weekend.  In a month I will do some burning to get their strutting fields ready to go!

Offline NimrodMn

• Fawn
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 09:39:02 PM »
I hope I get drawn for a license so I can hunt turkeys again this spring. In Mn you have to apply for a license. Turkeys are just starting to build up in the area where I live in SW Mn. In my hunting zone there are only 12 permits given per 5 day season. So the chances of getting drawn are slim. They have a landowner preference system, which gives you a little better chance of getting drawn, and you have to agree to let others hunt on your land. I always apply for the landowner preference, but don't always get drawn.      I am thinking about checking out Nebraska's non-resident application procedure and season dates. I have a cousin that lives by Valentine (but his wife will not allow any hunting on their land) but maybe he could set me up with a neighbor.

Offline ddejong

• Prize Winner
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »
NimrodMn - I spend some time in Minnesota each summer and see more turkeys every year!  My brother-in-law from the Detroit Lakes area has come down to KS and shot a few birds.  In fact the first morning he every went out with me a huge boss gobbler came in and spit and drummed for him early in the morning.  I told him it would never be that easy again!

Offline limbhanger

• Spike
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 06:19:28 AM »
Right now I plan on hunting Oklahoma and hopefully Missouri. Have a friend that has some land up there in Mo and I hope we get to go.

My uncle in Oklahoma has been down in his back and I only hope he is feeling better by turkey season. Love hunting with him!!

Nats were so bad in Arkansas last season that you could not hunt for them, or at least I didn't brave them. Tried but never heard the toms sound off so I never went in the woods.

Good Luck to all getting their game together!!!
Enjoy God's Great Outdoors!!!
Kevin

New Page 3

Google Ad