New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: PSE TAC 15 Crossbow  (Read 7432 times)

Offline huntin_gal1980

• 09-10 Deer Hunting Championship Winning Team Member & 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
    • myspace page
Re: PSE TAC 15 Crossbow
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 12:08:05 AM »
as a crossbow owner and hunter, i don't agree with this weapon being used...first of all a scope like that is illegal in my state...we are only allowed to use a red dot system.  while yes, it would be fun to fire that bad boy just for giggles, i find it totally impractical in today's hunting world... i mean seriously, i don't see anyone lugging that thing all over the place to hunt.  and i agree with the comment that 100 yard bow shots are just outrageous even if your bow will do it... at most with my crossbow i might attempt 28 yards....i might push it to the full 30, but i know without a doubt i won't go above that.  i think a crossbow like this will cause issues in the ranks of hunters also so to speak.  crossbows are already looked down upon by a wide range of "traditional" bow hunters for various reasons.  a crossbow like this will certainly only add fuel to that fire.  at 1200 bux i am sure there will be those hunters who just have to purchase the newest thing, but seriously...this bow is only gonna cause issues.....
NRA member
North American Hunting Club Member<br

Offline Manimal

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Team Green
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 06:49:13 AM »
I have heard that it is too big and too expensive.  Lets first take a look at expensive.  The new Reezen has an MSRP of $869 and I bet they sell a boat load of these.  This is before you trick them out with sights, rests, peep, stabilizer etc....  Too big does not seem to be an issue because once it is loaded just pull up and fire.  The crossbow part is smaller than a normal crossbow stuck on the barrel of a gun.  Use a shooting rail or shooting sticks and probelm solved.  If is is legal to use then people will use them because it gives you 100 yard accuracy and a huge advantage.
My only issue is if they would allow this during normal archery seasons because 1" groups at 100 yards is pretty impressive and far exceeds normal archery tackle.  Let them use this during a rifle season and no big deal.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:58:12 AM by Manimal »

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 06:57:04 AM »
Interesting decision, I enjoyed it.  I would not hunt with it.

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline uney3

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
  • Life Member N.A.H.C. Life Member N.A.F.C.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
It looks kind of wild, I don't think I would ever hunt with something like that

Offline no tresspassing

• 4 Point
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 09:59:09 PM »
I could see using it , in the right area , on the right game , but it is funny how well I thought it would work on tresspassers :o i mean like wild dogs and such .
Would be a nice piece to have around for stealth mode, really would be super on elk & moose
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:02:53 PM by no tresspassing »

Up North Journal

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »
I can see showing that when a tresspasser came through,  the sight of the TAC 15 alone would make them leave and never come back!!  LOL!!!

Offline Snortweeze

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Let a youg buck go and his rack will grow.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »
very intreaging, is it a gun or a crossbow. i will stick to my compound.                  %^$^
Proud talkhunting member/moderator
Farmer, Outdoorsmen and Chicago Bears fan.

Up North Journal

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 12:29:18 PM »
I think or hope this one will stay in the tactical side of the industry.  When I first saw this at the ATA I thought "awesome"  but honestly I would never hunt with it.  Too big and bulky.  I hope to be able to shoot my compound forever, but I realize one day I won't be able to pull it any more, maybe then I will go to a Xbow.  Until then "stick and string".

Offline DEERSLAYER

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 03:41:51 PM »
i have an ethical dilemna here about this sort of weapon being legal to hunt big game with.  does anyone else share my concerns?

I'm with you there buddy. I guess if you want to use it in place of a gun (as some gun hunters apparently have already stated) then OK, but to use it in archery season is something I would be adamantly opposed to. I have met some people that have had crossbows and they seem to have no problem out to 50-60 yards which I think is already to far to be included in the regular archery season. 1 hole groups at 100 yards is ludicrous for inclusion in an archery season.

Sadly it looks like these will very soon be legal for 2/3 of the deer season in Michigan. @--0--0127

Offline deerhtn

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
I took a look at it at the Deer and Turkey Sectacular in Lansing.  It would never work in a tree stand.. way to ungainly.  A pop up blind....ok, but it's still not a light weight.    Cost...$1200 for the bow (upper receiver), $1200 for a cheap AR15, Bolts (don't forget, they are not normal crossbow bolts... you have to buy PSE's only, or at least their nocks...)...$$$ ??   Yikes!

I think it's cool looking.  If I was on a forward sniper team and needed a tool like this...yup, it'd do the job.    to hunt with....naw.    I'd compare it to owning a BMG 50 ....  fun but not practical.

-Deerhtn

Offline DEERSLAYER

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »
I was there on Saturday and seen it. Personally I could have used it in a treestand with out any problem. When you say $1,200 for a AR-15 are you complete gun or saying just for the parts you need to complete the X-bow? It is real cool looking. I think it would be cool to have one for gun season, but I would never buy one because I am unhappy with the cross manufacturers for pushing for full inclusion into regular deer season. That is fine for states like Ohio, but we have a deer hunting culture like no other here in Michigan. I was going to buy an X-bow for gun season, but now I'm not going to buy one at all.

Offline Hyperhound

• Apr/11 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 09:48:39 PM »
Here's the link directly from PSE...awesome machine technologically but I wouldn't hunt with it.

http://www.tac15.com/alt/
Teach your children to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt and fish for your teenagers.

37 years hunting
3 years observing

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
All I can say is that I want one! 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline copnjax

• 10 Point
  • My 10 pt. / 240 lb. Buck
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
I do own an AR-15 but, although I liked the speed of the PSE, I wouldn't consider buying one for hunting.  I hunt mainly from a climber and can't imagine carrying that monstrous crossbow 50 ft. up a pine tree.  I'll admit, it is a unique weapon, for sure!
Retired after 34 yrs. on Jacksonville (Fl.) Police Dept.  19 yrs. in patrol and last 15 yrs. in C.S.I.
Now I can hunt and go bass fishing anytime I want!  Started deer hunting in 2007 but, had many years as a teen hunting rabbits and squirrels.

Offline DEERSLAYER

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »
You hunt 50' high!! Why not just pull it up with your bow rope like most people do?

New Page 3

Google Ad