New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: hunting river bottoms  (Read 1013 times)

Offline 1adam12

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 4 Point
Re: hunting river bottoms
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
it sounds like a natural funnel if it is real steep the deer should be using the easyest way to the fields.
You know me I like those funnels. Is there any kind of brush or timber at the top of the ledge where you could put a ground blind where you could watch the field and the skinny part of the bottoms at the same time.
I can check into that, I think there is a good place just like that there, Im not sure how far I could see into the river bottoms though.  I will get to check more when turkey season rools around
Poverty Hollow Stabilizers
JM Bowslings
Eagle Eye Archery
Martin Fircat/ Bowtech Commander

fellis27

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »
Mount a Buckeye trail cam and it will answer all your questions for you.

Offline lpptz

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
That narrow end needs your attention like the others said.It may only get used if there is a favorable crop at that end.also look for a possible place the deer cross the river,about 30-40 yards from the end.
If you can watch with a scope from far away,and by all means find out who else is hunting that property and when.

lp

Offline BIG DADDY DAVE

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 03:23:06 PM »
If the deer are in the field in the morning youll need to sneak into your stand area. can you use the river via canoe or hip boots for access. that way you can move up the river and be below the field to get to your stand. definetly hang your stand where the deer come off the field. look for old rubs and scrapes now and those trails will probabbly be the ones the bucks will use next year. hope this helps

New Page 3

Google Ad