New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Safety Chamber Flags  (Read 390 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: Safety Chamber Flags
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 10:40:10 PM »
Bo, I suppose you could do something like I've seen them do with pistols at gun shows, and take a piece of string and run it through the bore, then tie the ends together so you know there can't be a round chambered?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 10:40:10 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2021, 04:04:59 AM »
Mad and others - That is some good ideas you guys have listed...since I don't shoot my 22 all that often maybe once every three months take one to the range with me maybe stick one of those that I have a pic of how bout sticking it into the end of the barrel? and would have to file down the NRA yellow flags down to fit the 17 HMR, maybe sand them down to fit....the Ruger #1 how bout the bore snake down the barrel of it and tie it off to remind me that it is not loaded...none of my center-fires are loaded....how bout the pump shotguns?

You guys come up with some great ideas....keep the coming...
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 11:10:09 AM »
Finally got all the center-fires and rim-fires "Empty Chamber" safety flags in the rifles and rim-fires...yea it took a lot of thinking to get the all ID, but now have the shotguns to go.....the pumps and semi auto shotguns should be OK but what about the double barrel shotguns....have to put a AR15 tab in the single shot from the end of the barrel (end portion of the barrel) boy oh boy Amazon was delivering to the house a bunch of "Empty Chamber" safety flags to the house....most of the firearms are done, just the shotguns....have any thought of the pistols yet....probably won't don those.....

Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 10:58:08 PM »
Still getting in those "Empty Chamber" flags in and those bright yellow "NRA" Markers that go into the barrel from Amazon.....Have a couple of 22 rim-fires that need to grind down the diameter of the piece that goes into the barrel....have decided to make all the .17 HMR and the 22 S, L, LR as well as the WMR to put those "Empty Camper" flags in the top of the rim-fires. need to pull out the old grinder and grind them down to .15 diameter, so that they all would fit perfectly.

Good weekend to do that, have already got the grinder out from the external garage and set it up all I need to do is to get those components ground down...it will be a custom job, each individual piece by piece....

Oh by the way will have some empty chamber flags maybe 2 or 3 of them as spare...by Deerhead was right, save them for my 308's.... ##$%#117

Bionic Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 02:13:53 PM »
Got another 10 pack of those orange fluorescent flags in today....think I have enough with few left over, boy oh boy has this been a process.....shotgun are still without flags, so I may need more.... --099-780

Bionic Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad