New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Savage Stealth 10 BA in 6.5 Creedmoor....  (Read 344 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Savage Stealth 10 BA in 6.5 Creedmoor....
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 04:24:52 PM »
if it's the muzzle break, you have the first i've ever heard w/ the issue. the clearance should never be an issue

good luck
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 04:24:52 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2021, 10:14:40 AM »
Yari - I have mic it and it looks good, matter-of-fact, the 6.5 measures .270 inches so it should be good enough to go. I unscrewed it yesterday just to make sure that the screws did not get mess up....and it looks good so I put a new crusher ring on it and screwed it down putting some Locktite on to the threads just to make sure, the only thing is the new Sightmark Citadel 3-18X, that I purchase early in the morning around 2 AM (couldn't sleep) and am now waiting on...it should be here on Tuesday...suppose to take it with me on Wednesday to the range and to check out the scope - the only thing it that is is bore sighted and ready to go....

So if it is the brake will let you guys know......but if it other things I will eventually find them and either replace them or fix them or it......even the picatinny rail is subject to my scrutiny..... 

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2021, 05:35:04 PM »
Attached are two pictures of the Savage 10 BA Stealth in 6.5 CM.....one shows just how high the Scope sits currently (as of this date) and the other shows the muzzle brake and a white golf tee sitting in the barrel...this tells me that the rifle is clean and will need to shot several fouling shots down range into a bank in order to group with it....but I am thinking the Bushnell Edge has a Objective of only 44 mm, and the Sightmark has a 50mm Objective...so I am thinking...the Sightmark suppose to here tomorrow and am thinking of taking another Cooper 308 (Varmint Extreme with a Swarovski A3 3.5-10X) and a couple of 260 (another Savage and a Shilen Barrel Savage model 10....just thinking about them now.....

So my thinking is that the Sightmark Citadel 3-18X x 50mm might have the advantage over the Bushnell (2.5-10X x 44mm) Power and Objective, it would be a better fit for the 6.5 CM than the Bushnell might be.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 09:20:48 PM »
quite a set-up. enjoy
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 02:13:43 PM »
Bo - with that scope sitting so high, do you have decent alignment with your eye using a good solid cheek weld?  I have an adjustable stock on one AR with a tall scope mount (big magnification/big objective) but on a standard collapsible stock I use a very compact 1-4X that enables me to bring that scope centerline down to a more natural position, and frankly it's a lot easier to get on target from a standing offhand position than the rifle with the high power scope.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 03:06:32 PM »
Mad got me thinking as I read this thread.  Don't you want the scope closer to the gun?  Just wondering why the mounts are so high.  Could that create an issue? 

Fine looking setup!
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2021, 06:54:07 PM »
Mad and Deerhead thank for the advice, the Savage 10 BA Stealth has a cheek adjustment built into the stock. After mounting the Bushnell, I went ahead and adjusted the cheek piece to my ugly face......I did not take the Savage to the Range with me yesterday. The Sightmark Citadel Scope 3-18X with Power Ring and Sunshade,  came in late Tuesday so I hesitated and now mounted the Sightmark on to it....now final adjustment will have to be made of course did some checking today on the tightness of the screws and put my beloved Vortex Cant Level on it...

Photos of the old Bushnell Engage Scope (actually it is brand new) and the Sightmark Citadel 3-18X will show both the old mount and the new mounts....have left the cheek piece high enough for both....Like my Bergara's and the Christensen Arms both have adjustable cheek pieces....that I have practice and set them up at the range when I get ready to shoot them....

Be good to next update on the Savage 10 BA Stealth.....Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2021, 03:25:49 PM »
Update on the Savage 10 BA Stealth.....today (9-17-21) check all screws to make sure that they were tight - and they are....it is out on the gun vise in the garage now waiting on the 7 levels and the vertical string I tie onto the Tundra Truck to about 20 yards out from the house...will need to bore sight it when everybody gets done doing there thing.....now for the pics....

If yawl remember that I was hesitate in taking the new Bushnell to the range with me and had ordered a Sightmark Citadel 3-18X scope (first plain focal), it came on late Tuesday and so on Wednesday after getting back from the Dermatologist (small skin mark that came onto my face about 2 months ago so we finally made a appointment and we finally got in on the Range day (9-15-2021) got the Skin Doc Appt out of the way I came home and finished mounting the Sightmark scope onto the Savage 10 BA Stealth and today marks the third time I check the screws to make sure that they are tight.....

First pic shows the old Bushnell )notice how much space is under the scope using the high rings...med rings I had on it were actually to low and everything touched the Picatinny rail....Yari - you can see the back of the rifle I had made some adjustments to the cheek piece but it is not the final adjustments.....

The second pic shows the new Sightmark Citadel 3-18X x 50mm, the Bushnell is 44mm and the Sightmark is 50mm....so it is actually a better fit....the Sunshade (it is 2.5" long is installed)....

The third pic show Vortex Can't level installed and it also shows the power throw ring...sorry for it being a bit out of focus....and the forth pic I threw in to show my muzzle brake that I installed on it.....tonight have to level it up and to bore sight it using my trusty Tasco Bore Sighter (or shot saver) Model 30.....

So next time, its heads to the range with me....

Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2021, 03:51:55 PM »
i'm interested to see how you like the new scope. good luck
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2021, 07:58:17 AM »
Yari - Hopefully getting it off the picatinny rail the Scope and the Cant lever will solve the problem....knowing how the brakes are made I have took the sucker off and inspected it and re-installed it using lock tight and new crusher ring...yes, hopefully the new Sightmark MR2 will do the trick.

Yesterday spent an hour lining and leveling it up, bore sighted it and made sure the height of the cheek piece is right for me....during the commercials...LOL...
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad