New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Garmin Crossbow Scope  (Read 335 times)

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Garmin Crossbow Scope
« on: June 24, 2021, 07:39:31 PM »
My son works for Garmin, so when I see items related to that company I generally pay attention.  Just learned that Garmin has now released a Crossbow scope, a successor to their bow sight/rangefinder.   He can get me a discount of over 40%, but even with that, I don't expect to have one of these on my X-bow anytime soon!

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/659042
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

TalkHunting Community

Garmin Crossbow Scope
« on: June 24, 2021, 07:39:31 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Garmin Crossbow Scope
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 02:18:21 PM »
yikes, more than my budget. seems like the price of these went up w/ covid. weren't the vertical bow garmins around $600-800?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 08:03:09 PM »
WOW I got scared when I saw that prince.  I almost hit "Buy Now" 

The boss would have used it on my if I did. 

Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 10:52:00 PM »
I'll pass , my ATN will already do that at much much less . ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Online Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 09:53:15 PM »
yikes, more than my budget. seems like the price of these went up w/ covid. weren't the vertical bow garmins around $600-800?
Yep - in that $700-800 range I believe

and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 01:44:40 PM »
Ouch! Not me. I do have a Scope on my CB. Lighted reticle. I think I may have paid 100 for it
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »
I bet since you son works for Garmin - he got a pretty good discount for the old man....LOL....to expensive for my blood...ouch!!

But I can see the advantage in all the technology built in and there is a lot that goes into it...a lot of R&D that goes into it....but wonder how many of them that they will sell at MSRP prices....ouch! I bet not a whole lot of them will be sold, but there is always one that got to have it...the latest things in crossbow scopes......

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2020 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 10:58:42 AM »
bo- i bet you'd be surprised how many they sell. there are a lot of folks that need the newest and greatest. i look at my archery shop. every year a whole bunch of folks buy a new +$1200 bow. the fact they barely used the last one doesn't matter. it's a status symbol for them. goofy IMO

i'm afraid to know how old my Matthews is. it still shoots better than i can. i see no reason for a new one. plus the new one's are so small, they don't feel right in my hand
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 09:46:25 PM »
for that price, I expect it to retrieve and clean your game for you. 
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 08:38:38 AM »
bo- i bet you'd be surprised how many they sell. there are a lot of folks that need the newest and greatest. i look at my archery shop. every year a whole bunch of folks buy a new +$1200 bow. the fact they barely used the last one doesn't matter. it's a status symbol for them. goofy IMO

i'm afraid to know how old my Matthews is. it still shoots better than i can. i see no reason for a new one. plus the new one's are so small, they don't feel right in my hand

Yari - Folks who buy that $1200 box also attach another $800+  in accessories.  Ouch 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 03:00:40 PM »

Yari - Folks who buy that $1200 box also attach another $800+  in accessories.  Ouch

w/o giving it a second thought. for some it's their biggest purchase next to their truck. priorities are a little off
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2021, 06:36:25 PM »

w/o giving it a second thought. for some it's their biggest purchase next to their truck. priorities are a little off

Bo - yes, my son can get a 40+% discount on the Garmin stuff, and they encourage their employees to use it, doesn't have to be for themselves or even for family.  I think he's allowed something like 20 purchases a year under his badge number, we've had a lot of family and friends buying watches, bike computers, fish finders, etc.   Yari and Deerhead - and those guys/gals who spend $2K on the latest and greatest thing are often convinced it gives them some sort of superhero capabilities only to find out that they gutshoot a "giant" forkhorn at 20 yards and can't find it until after the yotes got to it.
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad