New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Now this one was a challenge  (Read 66 times)

Offline millers800

• 2017 TalkHunting Turkey Hunting Champion
  • 7 Point
Now this one was a challenge
« on: August 22, 2020, 04:59:39 PM »
A couple weeks ago as dad and I were going out to turn the bin fans on we had something moving around in the weeds and we were able to find a hole going under the drying fan, not impressed. Needing to get that little sucker out of there quickly I found the live traps and baited one up and set it next to the fan, after a few days of no luck and no sightings I figured the fans running all day scared him off. Until I spotted him next to the back deck of grandmas house, and of course there was no way to shoot him, from one end id be shooting towards the store and from the other I had no sight line until he got out into the yard and then the barn would be behind it. My only option was to go into the house and open the kitchen window for like a 8 foot shot either under or between the railing. So as I was doing chores the other day I spotted him sitting on the ramp to the deck so I went home got the gun and key, went in through the front of the garage, into the kitchen and waited a few minutes and  bingo.

TalkHunting Community

Now this one was a challenge
« on: August 22, 2020, 04:59:39 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Re: Now this one was a challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
They can be cagey. Are you using a live trap? My nephew told me he trapped 42 chucks one summer, but he was using body hold traps, right over the holes.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline buckone1

• 2015 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 03:43:36 PM »
Congrats on the double! I got my first one in 20 years today. (*&^&%# (*&^&%# (*&^&%#
2011 Prize Winner
2015 Turkey Champion

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
nice work. keep going
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER