New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Game Trail Cameras  (Read 131 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Game Trail Cameras
« on: August 16, 2020, 09:53:36 AM »
Which ones do you use....I use the cheap Browning's the ones that are sale...the under $100....last year I set up 3 cameras and this year I plan on setting up six (6) of them, have got them ready to go and will set them up on Friday (the 28th of August)....but I use to use the big old Cuddyback, ones I had two of them the kinds that they took D size batteries, and then it was the Moultrie Cameras and finally I got the Brownings, and have settle in on them....have a total of 13 of them and somewhere there is one more and one doesn't work anymore....

Is anybody getting a camera that can transmit you pix to your phone?? or does anybody have one (a plan with Verizon or T-Mobile or Sprint) that they can share with us??

Was wondering which ones you use?? and why....I like my Browning's because I'm use to them and can set them all the same way in a short period of time....But when you set up your cameras be sure to have two SD card for every camera you set up because if you don't have a viewer you will have to use your laptop or a viewer back at camp.

I did the 10 second video last year and will not do that one again unless I will allow 20 or 30 second videos....but this year will set them on the 3 shot standard pix shots, I notice that last year all the bucks came through (talking about the big bucks, the shooters, came through after 9 PM and before 2 AM....humm....but had a few of the shooters that came within shooting distance.....This year will set up a camera that will be looking at the blind itself....have three place in mind for 2 cameras each but will get a special camera out for the blind itself...to see who is peeking in while I'm a sleep (taking a short nap)....LOL....maybe the camera will catch me going into and out of the blind....LOL....

« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:56:04 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

Game Trail Cameras
« on: August 16, 2020, 09:53:36 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: Game Trail Cameras
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
i had a reconx lasted for 10 years 2008 to 2018 finely died  i have a browning also works fine
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »
I don't use cellular cams. I think P&Y and B&C don't like them either. 'unfair advantage'. I kind of agree. I know folks that don't hunt until they get a pic on their phone

I use the browning strike force. I really like them vs Moultrie, primos, bushnell. much better IMO
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 06:45:38 AM »
Bo,
Tried all the same ones you did also and love my Brownings.  Really love the Dark OPs.  Then had three of them stolen from our Club.
Started checking out CHEAP Brands for over there.  Got the Wildgame Razor for $44. did not like only one picture at a time.  Got use to my 3-shot which helps on checking headgear. 
Read tons of reviews and found "Victure trail game camera 20mp" for $60.  Has all the features that I love in the Brownings.
Multi Shots or Video
No glow night shots
Uses 4 or 8 AA Batteries
Gives date/time stamp if you want it too.
Yes, it is made in China, but check where most of them are made.

https://www.amazon.com/Victure-Activated-Waterproof-Wildlife-Infrared/dp/B07KP9SPD4

I also was looking for a better way of protecting my cameras.  Had security cables on them, they cut are broke the plastic slots of the back of the cameras.  Cables are still locked on the trees.
"Life in Camo" on Facebook, Nancy Jo and her Husband Richard are friends on Facebook also.  Got to know Nancy Jo from Talkhunting also.
They showed using "Spy High Mount" to get your cameras up into trees above the thieves.  Watched every review I could find on "YouTube" and got that system also.  Tested both systems behind my house this last week, worked great. 
Going to our club tomorrow to sow seeds and place my new camera system.

https://www.facebook.com/LifeinCamoMedia/posts/3350426321647330

Goog Luck this Season!
PJ - Harold
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 06:07:33 AM »
Guys - The GTC theft is from the locals or from a member who drops out of the club suddenly....we have a 12 gauge single shot shotgun that has been hollowed out and a Low Jack tracer has been placed in it, this is just in case....I leave it in the camper and look for it when I get down there....we are fortunate that we are in the middle or nowhere GA and we cannot be scene from the road...we are deep inside the GA woods....and we have not had any thefts in about 11 years since we lease the land...

Thanks for the heads up on the other brands of GTC, I will stick to my Brownings as well, the "OPS" system is very good and have gotten use to it, the way they are set up....I have a grand total of 11 of them that is working shape with the min 4 gig SD cards and their 8 AA batteries....and generally take extra Duracell Batteries with me when I go down to GA.....

Dave - I wish I could afford the Reconx and better yet wish I could buy a camera with the built that will send pictures to your phone....but they are expensive. Cannot afford to have them stolen...at about $250 per camera, that would be very expensive to replace....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad