New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range Results for 8-5-2020 - part 1 of 2  (Read 93 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range Results for 8-5-2020 - part 1 of 2
« on: August 06, 2020, 08:03:07 AM »
This week it was more humid than hot, sure it was 90 F, and the humidity was in the 63% range and the BP was falling at 29.95 Hg....mirage was medium at 100 yards, wind was anywhere between 1 and 10 mph and it was from the east to west, so it was in my face most of the day...matter of fact all targets are shot at 100 yards except the Remington 700 Varmint in 243 Win....it was trying to be sited in at 100 yards but I wasn't even close so I will have to reload more ammo and then take it back out at the range...but it has a new scope on it....if you guys remember that I sent the Leupold VX2 that was on it and the power ring was so tough to turn that you had to take it down or up, so I sent it back to Leupold to let them ease the tension on it...got it back and it was still a little tough to turn up or down the power...but I can live with it...so I put a Vortex 4-12X on it and probably forgot to actually do the bore siting of it....LOL....Daaa....

1st one out of the case was the Ruger American in 300 Black out...was using the 135 Gn Hornady Factory Load on it...the Ruger surprise me last time I took it to the range a couple of weeks ago...but it shot real good for a inexpensive rifle....had the Konus for years and years...the Konus is a 1.5-6X scope with a 30mm tube...nice scope for the money...I adjust the scope after I got home a few weeks ago looking at the target I shot and the scope, so I made the adjustment and was fully prepared to make some sort of adjustment during shooting but did not have to....no adjustments made to the scope...scope was set at 6X for the shoot....

2nd one was the Mossberg MVP bolt action 223...this is normal a very accurate rifle and normally I take this little rifle down with me to do the food plots putting out the lime and fertilizer in the mornings to all the food plots, last night putting the rifle up in the rack, made some slight adjustments to the scope...which is a Vortex CF2 3-9X set on 7X for the shoot...

All the Remington 700 Varmints that I took yesterday has had the Magpul well kit in them you can tell by the pictures in both posts.....they were the 243, 7mm-08 and the 308 calibers....

3rd one was the old and I mean old Remington 700 Varmint in 308....this was my first 308 Win that I purchased in the late 70's...have put a number of scope on it but this one which is a older Burris Fulfield II 3-9X x 40mm with an 1" tube on it and it is Illuminated as well, just change the battery in it this year with a fresh CR2032, it has been going for years and years with the same battery and I use it during the evening hunts only...but this amazing rifle shot very good yesterday....probably the best of all of them...no adjustments were made to this scope...was using the 150 gn Sierra GameKing, using 39.15 gns AA2015, CCI-BR2 primer and seating was at 2.815 inches....

4th one out of the case was the the Remington 700 Varmint in 7mm-08...this rifle has always shot better than the 308 Remington Varmint, no by much....It has on it a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X x 40mm and the scope was set at 6X for the shoot....this is an amazing scope that Zeiss quit making about 5 or 6 years ago, it cost me somewhere between 349 and 399 (it just depended on who was having the sale and when you bought it...but it is true German/Austria glass...had to adjust the scope late last night as I was putting it in the safe but don't know what happen to the first shot? but after adjusting it down at the range, the second and third shots were OK but will take it to the range again with me....I do like this rifle and the Zeiss Scope....

On the next post the trails and tribulations of the Remington 700 Varmint in the 243

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

Range Results for 8-5-2020 - part 1 of 2
« on: August 06, 2020, 08:03:07 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Range Results for 8-5-2020 - part 1 of 2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »
a couple clicks on 2 of them and you will be good.

that is hot to shoot. either this weekend or next i will work on my 220. i'll let you know. just sighting for 25 yards right now for emily's bear hunt. i'll work out to 100 after that. i don't want her to have to aim low 
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 01:01:33 PM »
Looks like a good day at the range.  Good shooting!

I need to get out and check mine.  Season is just around the corner. 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »
Yari - I agree just a few clicks here and there and I will be good to go on these rifles....

Deerhead - Yes please check it out...I will bring my "stuff" down with me and we can check your and others during work weekend....

I have 18 Lapua cases left and have put my standard CCI-BR2 primers in the 243 Win cases....will load up the 100 grain Sierra ProHunter bullets that I have for it...according to Sierra Manual, it is the IMR-4064 and the AA-4064 powder with it more accurate, so that is what I am using...have some IMR-4831/44.0 grains loaded up that shoots through the same hole at 100 yard for the Ruger International 18.5 in barrel rifle that are in the waiting for it....but the 100 gn Sierra Prohunter will be good for deer this year...

Also received (today) the 4 - 3 shot Bergara Magazine (Brings to the total of 8 - 3 shot magazines, 10 - 5 shot magazines and 4 - 10 shot magazines for the 8 rifles that will accept the Magpul P series magazines...
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad