New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Hot off the press! Read all about it.  (Read 38 times)

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
Hot off the press! Read all about it.
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »
Looks like Millers 800 took pity on me and sent a woodchuck my way. Boy, those short little legs made fast time. Shot this one exactly in the same spot as the previous one. Apparently, they have tunneled underneath my barn, and come out to feed. They seem to come out right next to the ramp. No hole, the barn is prebuilt and it's built on a 12x20 base. I closed off one end, leaving one opening, and placed 2 cement blocks in such a way, the woodchucks have to expose themselves either going out or returning. I spotted d this one from the kitchen window and went out the front door, and over by the garage. It had moved away from the barn, so even though I could see it, I didn't have a clear shot, then it got spooked by a very loud truck going by, and went behind the barn. I rushed around the house, trying for a better angle, if it was behind the garage. It was, but on full alert. No way I was going to get a shot, so I made my way back to the house. Once inside, I could see its head peeking above the ramp. Went back out, by the garage, tried to steady my breathing, got a good sight picture and touched it off. It was DRT!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:02:06 PM by MichiganLouie »
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Hot off the press! Read all about it.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
wow, we have a competition. nice work
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad