New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: for BO  (Read 246 times)

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
for BO
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »
you will be glad to know i ordered 3 more magazines for my glock this will give me 6 BO you are rubbing off on me    ##$%#1118
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

TalkHunting Community

for BO
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: for BO
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:54:56 PM »
Dang it Dave, I told you to wear a mask and socially distance so you didn't catch the Bo Bug!    --099-780 --099-780 --099-780
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »
Dave and Mad - I think I am OCD about a few things, like magazines...I order 4 - 3 shot magazines for the Bergara's....the standard 308 magazine will fit the 6.5 CM, 243 Win, the 7mm-08 Rem and the 338 Federal and of course the 308....I have 7 or 8 rifles that take the same magazine. Have a shoe box full of these plastic Magpul P5 AICS magazines....LOL....

It was like when Cabela's was not own buy Bass Pro Shops and between MidwayUSA and Cabela's I must have bought 5K rounds of 223....I got that ammo everywhere....have about a 1K rounds of it in the open....

We are fixing to have our annual work weekend and will take down a box of 223 for the Mossberg MVP bolt action 223 that shoots one hole shots at 100 yards...will check it out at the range between now and the time I have to leave for the Work Weekend.....but have a ton of those 5, 10, 20 and 30 round magazines...cannot find all of them...LOL...but one cannot have enough ammo and/or magazine to put them in....

The bo bug...that is funny...yea I have that affliction all of my life...LOL...

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 06:41:00 AM »
Guys - just got thru taking this picture for yawl....there are still the 5 shot magazines in the rifles themselves as well as those pictures here with more on the way...have 4 - 3 shot magazine bascially they are the AICS magazines...that only hold 3 rounds...they are stored in a plastic shoe box.... ##$%#114
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
it's definitely a disease. i can't wrap my head around it, but then if you saw my fishing gear you would say the same thing --099-780
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »
Yari - Fishing isn't a cheap sport...you can make it that was with a cane pole and sitting in a chair next to the lake or on a dock...but you are right, it isn't a cheap sport...just ask Split Toe - and his fishing circle of friends...man oh man.....

The hunting season will soon be upon us...and then it will be gone...I have a bumper sticker on my ATV, it says Hunt Hard, Life is Short....how true, how true....

Be good...stay safe and keep your distance....Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 12:25:31 PM »
Yari & Mad - I got the 3 shot Bergara Magazine (It is actually a AICS magazine, plastic variety) in yesterday and they fitted up to all of the 7 rifles that will fit...added the Savage 10 BA Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor to the list of what this magazine will fit..so now have at least 7 rifles probably 8 that uses this type magazine....have a Copper M2012 in 308 that require a wider fuller metal magazine...this is a standard metal magazine for a 308....

Anyway was so impressed with the 3 shot Bergara, order four more....so now I will have 8 - 3 shot magazines....after they arrive...it took them a week to get here from KY!!

Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 01:04:44 PM »
Yari & Mad - I got the 3 shot Bergara Magazine (It is actually a AICS magazine, plastic variety) in yesterday and they fitted up to all of the 7 rifles that will fit...added the Savage 10 BA Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor to the list of what this magazine will fit..so now have at least 7 rifles probably 8 that uses this type magazine....have a Copper M2012 in 308 that require a wider fuller metal magazine...this is a standard metal magazine for a 308....

Anyway was so impressed with the 3 shot Bergara, order four more....so now I will have 8 - 3 shot magazines....after they arrive...it took them a week to get here from KY!!

Bo

having the ability to shoot a box of shells by replacing the magazine. now that's a good time. enjoy
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 06:40:59 AM »
That is my plan....LOL...
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »
Yari - Dag nab-bit, I did it again....I ordered 4 more 3 round Bergara magazines...ordered them last night in the middle of the night...Lord, I don't know what I do at times....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 07:58:43 PM »
 --099-780    @--0--0118   ##$%#117   ##$%#13  gee now i should look for 9mm magazines
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline yari

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »
Yari - Dag nab-bit, I did it again....I ordered 4 more 3 round Bergara magazines...ordered them last night in the middle of the night...Lord, I don't know what I do at times....

@--0--0105 @--0--0105 couldn't you find a 'magazine anonymous' meeting? they are there to help --099-780
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2020, 06:06:17 AM »

@--0--0105 @--0--0105 couldn't you find a 'magazine anonymous' meeting? they are there to help --099-780

Things that pop into your head when you see something:   --099-780

Here a Mag, There a Mag, Everywhere a Mag - Mag   (To the tune of "Old MacDonald Had A Farm")   @--0--0105

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2020, 09:09:54 AM »
Dave - Yes you should, you should need one if the pistol and two available loaded up...that is what I do with me semi and the pistols I keep the full moons clips ready to go with just one extra of those....

I have 7 rifles that that (Magpul P5) magazine that the extra magazine fits into....those are the 243, 7mm-08 and the 308 Remington Varmints, that's the three that I put the Magpull Well kit in..plus the the Savage and Bergara 6.5 Creedmoors, that makes 5 of them, plus the 308 Bergara and the Christensen Arms that will bring it to a total of 7....

I am getting so many magazines (and yes it did start with the old Kel-Tec PMR-30 that I have about 8 total magazine and it went from there...now all of my semi-auto pistols have each at least 6 extra magazines) and it has extended over to the rifles. My first rifle with a drop box magazine is my old Remington 700 LTR in 308 and now I have three extra magazines for it and it goes from there.....

I feel like everybody ought to have an extra magazine that they throw in their pocket or back pack or some pack that take their "stuff" to the woods. I know what you guys are thinking - It only takes one shot show why do I need 8 to 10 extra rounds with me...I know I was the same way until I ran into a pack of domesticated dogs that have turned wild and if they guys are hungry then watch out, or you might need to signal your buddies with 3 shots...or aliens my approach you.....anyway since I ran into those dogs as a teenager I have always taken 7 or 8 extra shots with me...the 4 I have in the rifles and the extra 3 or 4 I carry loose in my pocket. But now days at least you have a magazine that carries extra ammo that you might need...you never know....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad