New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Borescope  (Read 153 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Borescope
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
The kids bought me a borescope for Christmas, one that plugs into your smartphone or computer.  It has been sitting on the desk since then, I finally took a few minutes today to try it out.  This is a Teslong borescope, I think it was an Amazon purchase, and I believe the link below is the one I have.  It has a 5mm tip so it can be used in a .22 caliber bore (even a little less).  It has a mirror tip to enable it to look sideways (like at the lands & grooves inside a gun barrel) or that mirror can be removed to enable you to look straight on at something (like looking at a piston crown when you put the camera down through the spark plug hole).  Setup was easy, literally only 2-3 clicks on the PC.  For the phone I had to download a free app, which didn't work for me, so then I grabbed another app which worked fine.    I took a couple of screen shots with my phone, showing the bore of my P89 9mm (a whole lot dirtier than I thought it was) but I can't figure out how to post them yet.  Overall, I'm impressed so far and would recommend it as a decent buy for $50.  I think this will be a great tool for checking out the cleanliness of the bore on that Hawken style rifle I just built.

https://www.amazon.com/Teslong-Borescope-Side-View-Semi-Rigid-Smartphone/dp/B07TTQF24F/ref=sr_1_3?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Borescopes&qid=1595816702&refinements=p_89%3ATeslong&rnid=2528832011&sr=8-3&ts_id=401578011
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

TalkHunting Community

Borescope
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Borescope
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
looks interesting. let us know how you like it
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:44:07 AM »
Looks interesting.
Heads up to others on the following I read at the Amazon link you furnished.

【Photo and Video】Our software app gives you the ability to capture and store both still photos and video to either your computer or phone/tablet. However, it does NOT support iPhone, iPad and Kindle Fire!!!

Also saw this.
【Attention】In order to avoid damage of the inside of the probe from tight or excessive bending, the new package has a bigger case and it won't contain the portable bag.

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 05:59:50 AM »
The "new case" they speak of is a cardboard box.  There are an amazing number of apps out there for this type of camera, suspect by now something would be available to support apple product.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 06:02:12 AM »
This is the time of the year that I get mine out (actually it has been out for a little over a months now) and check out my bore whether or not that I clean my rifles good or not...A hint, I let my bore dry out for about 30 minutes before putting the Lyman or Hawkeye down the bore of the rifle....if you don't let it dry, then you will get a glossy and a false reading when you look down in it.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Online Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 06:03:41 AM »
The "new case" they speak of is a cardboard box.  There are an amazing number of apps out there for this type of camera, suspect by now something would be available to support apple product.

Wow, what a drop off and the price stays the same.   @--0--0100

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 08:38:26 AM »
This is the time of the year that I get mine out (actually it has been out for a little over a months now) and check out my bore whether or not that I clean my rifles good or not...A hint, I let my bore dry out for about 30 minutes before putting the Lyman or Hawkeye down the bore of the rifle....if you don't let it dry, then you will get a glossy and a false reading when you look down in it.....
Yeah that's a good point Bo - the little LED on the camera is very bright and you'll get a lot of glare if the metal is not dry.
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad