New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Remington  (Read 502 times)

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
Remington
« on: July 11, 2020, 06:48:03 PM »
Hi guys

Just trolling the BassPro site.  They have Remington rifles on Clearance.  They are on sale for about 50% off.  The two issues are:
1. Out of stock.  So good luck if finding inventory.
2. Remington is filed Ch 11. They are negotiating the sale to the Navajo Nation.

If you find one in stock its a great deal. 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

TalkHunting Community

Remington
« on: July 11, 2020, 06:48:03 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Remington
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 05:51:03 AM »
Deerhead - Thanks for the heads up on Remington....wow 50% off, I guess you have to be there at the right place and the right time and have cash with you!!!......I will follow Bankruptcy sale and the Navajo Nation!!

From Breibart News - Reuters reports that this is the second time Remington has looked to bankruptcy protection. The first time was March 2018, with the company emerging from bankruptcy that same year.

Remington is currently in an expensive litigious battle with Sandy Hook families who filed suit after a Bushmaster AR-15 was stolen and used in the December 14, 2012, attack on Sandy Hook Elementary. Remington is the parent company of Bushmaster.

The opportunity to buy the company via a bankruptcy sale gives “a potential buyer the chance to purchase Remington free from legal liabilities.”

Navajo Nation “is planning to vote to approve the deal…soon,” and if the deal is secured some think that civilian sales of Remington AR-15s will be ended. The talk of end to AR-15 sales is based on a New York Times report on the Navajo Nation’s 2018 bid to buy Remington. At that time the Navajo Nation “intended to shift the company away from its consumer business, including curtailing the sale of the AR-15-style weapons frequently used in mass shootings, to focus on police and defense contracts.”

Thanks Deerhead for the heads up...sure hate to see them disappear from the market....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 01:06:33 PM »
does that include their ammo to? I need some for my savage 220

BTW. I had the same issue w/ BPS. I called and was told it could take a week to update their online catalog to show 'out of stock'. isn't this just software? correct me if i'm wrong, but why don't they link the online catalog to inventory so when they are out it shows immediately. it's not rocket science
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 05:52:26 PM »
Yari Maybe that's why I can't find any Remington AccuTip Slugs.
Bo - Thanks for the details.  Guess I will need to look at another brand for a new rifle. 
Team Skully

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »
Deerhead - You will find your classic Remington if you are patient and if you keep looking....I will modifed my search of Gunbroker to include Remington 700BDL....I was looking in the gun safes today just sitting back looking at those wooden stocks and how pretty they are....you are so right when you say "there is just something about a wooden stock!!"

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 05:52:18 AM »
Yari - Not sure about the ammo division, probably separate part of the corporation and Remington arms is the only portion that is for sale....got a called from a friend saying that he has 4 boxes (20 rounds) of the Remington/Barnes slugs. He laughed when he made the comment saying that the 20 gauge is more expensive that the 12 gauge is....

So it is out there just hang in there and keep looking but be prepared to pay around $4 per shell...ouch...I figure I have over 100 round (2.75" and 3.00") of 20 gauge ammo that I can use....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 02:10:49 PM »
i'll be dialing in the savage 220 in a month. by then i'll have the bulk of my cabin work complete and have time to shoot. if you hear anything on the ammo, let me know. i'm guessing i'll have to find something other than remington the way it looks
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 05:31:02 AM »
Yari - I will be getting some Remington ammo today, 4 boxes, they guy who got them for me will be at the range today with them. I also have almost 40 rounds and with this other 20 rounds I will have somewhere about 60 to 65 rounds. Before I got the ammo off of Gunbroker...

Just check Gunbroker, they have a ton of 2 3/4" Slug ammo on there....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872666123....here is a link for 3" slugs....

Depends on what length works best in your slug gun??

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
I was looking for some Remington accutips today. all I saw were Remington 'expanders'. did they replace the accutips? the guy at fleet farm knew nothing. he didn't even here about the chapter 11
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:23:19 PM by yari »
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 08:54:08 PM »
Yari - the Expanders are a separate product line, using a Barnes bullet.  I did a little sniffing online, some guys claim "similar" accuracy to the Accutips, others say it's not quite as good as the Accutip.  In general though people seem to feel the terminal performance of the Expanders is better than the Accutip.  I'd suggest trying them.  If they give you and Emily the accuracy you feel you need at the ranges you expect to poke Booboo at, you may be in fine shape with them.

One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 08:05:15 AM »
it is a shame we had a great Remington factory in Ilion NY about 30 miles away and the current Governor, Senator and Legislature ended that.... we have had most of our gun manufacturers leave the state
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline yari

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 09:21:39 AM »
mad- I found the same info. I bought some Hornady sst's as well as the expanders. some say the Hornady's shoot well to

here's my question: w/ guns sales through the roof w/ covid fears, how can a gun company file chapter 11? poor management?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »
Yeah, poor management indeed, combined with a threat of being bankrupted by a large settlement for a mass shooting in which a Bushmaster rifle (manufactured by Remington) was used.  I don't need to tell you how stupid I think that civil suit is, but the way the courts work these days it's a reality.  Remington overextended themselves with a lot of acquisitions in recent years, and when gun sales started flattening off after Trump got elected (before the Covid stupidity), they found themselves sinking in a sea of debt. 
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 08:44:02 AM »
mad- I found the same info. I bought some Hornady sst's as well as the expanders. some say the Hornady's shoot well to

here's my question: w/ guns sales through the roof w/ covid fears, how can a gun company file chapter 11? poor management?
Yari the Hornady SST slugs are ACCURATE!! out of my 20ga. H&R Slug Hunter and they ain't that expensive. They are worth a shot.
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
Don't forget NY government basically kicked Remington out of NY.  The cost of relocating, retooling, then restaffing and train new employees...  It all takes a toll on a company.  If its not executed correctly it could be detrimental.  Not saying this caused their fall.  But its one of the many struggles. 
Team Skully

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad