New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: CVA Accura 2 problems  (Read 1700 times)

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: CVA Accura 2 problems
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
Bo years ago about 5 I also had that happen to 2 butt plates , they got gummy , I contacted T/C and they sent me replacements for both my Omega and my Encore at no charge , at one time they had a problem mixture they used in making them they said .  ##$%#1118
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2020, 08:04:08 PM »
Guys - Thanks for the comments and encouragement, the old one (the one that is messed up) is flat and screws right into the buttstock, but the new one, see the older photos, has a raised section on it....I stared filing today and file till my arms were very tired...will get out the grinder tomorrow on it....anything to speed it up....will go to the range with it this week and hope to take it with me.....no time like the present....but have not mailed off the CVA Accura 2 yet, will do it probably Friday, need more packing for the CVA.....

Bit it looks like Wednesday is going the range day for this week, boy is it going to be a hot one no matter what time I head to the range......
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 08:52:29 PM »
Bo - if you have a bandsaw or know someone with one, you could quickly take off about 90% of that protrusion on the new pad and save yourself a lot of filing.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2020, 05:46:06 AM »
Mad - Good idea, thanks....yes that hard plastic square in the center has to go before I attempt to install it again...I tried the filing first since it was hard plastic but realize that it would be a while before I finished, that is why I said get out the grinder....LOL...

Thanks again...Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 05:58:32 AM »
The grinder work very well for the recoil pad...but since the bottom screw was stripped out had to run by home depot and get some new ones...I have thousands of screws downstairs in the garage and you would think that I would have one or two that would fit it...but now I did not...after looking for 30 minutes, finally convinced myself that I need to run by home depot and stop and get some new screws so I did....

While I was out, stopped by the UPS store and mailed back the CVA to their factory service in Lawrenceville, GA (Use to live in Lawrenceville when I first got married to my first wife) so that was done, so yesterday was in the muzzle loader phase of work....

Today is range day - its going to be Christensen Arms versus Bergara both model are B14's (go figure that one out)....will take my CVA Replacement to the range today which is the T/C Omega 50 Caliber with it Burris Fulfield scope on it. Yes the one with the lighted dot in the center of the scope...had to replace the CR2032 battery in it....

So I will post some range results today or tomorrow morning - its going to be a hot one today almost to hot to shoot...it will be in the mid 90's here today...so I'm taking plenty of water with me...... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 07:02:59 AM »
I try to do my own gunsmitting as always, helps me understand how and why the firearm works...

It has been two weeks since they received it and have not heard a word back from them....should I be worried? Probably not, they are a big company and make and repair a ton of products.....

but it is one of my babies that is out and in the hospital getting repaired....so naturally, I am worried about it.....but do have 5 other in-line muzzle loaders to choose from and just got through putting a new recoil pad on the T/C Omega 50 calibers....those old Remington 700ML are just staring me down daring me to take them to the range...LOL...
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »
What a surprise, got the CVA Accura 2 back from the factory today...no emails, no heads up, no phone calls, nothing that told me that its own it way, it just showed up at my door. The FedEx guy was climbing back in his truck when I stopped him and had to sign for it...it came back in an original CVA Accura Box and packing box as well...had all the owners manual, advertisements and stickers if I had purchase it new....

Here is what they did to it.....

1) Inspected, Cleaned and Lubed
2) Replaced Weak Hammer Spring with New Design One
3) Replaced Front Sight and Forend Lug
4) Installed New Firing Pin Assembly and Breechplug
5) Recrowned Muzzle

They Charge Me = $0.00
I spent $18.00 to send it back

Took them 27 days to repair it and send it back....

First thing I did was to take it apart, and did an inspection of my own...don't know why they replaced the front sight? but can understand the rest of the modifications and did an inspection of the replace breech plug, it was shiny and new. Check the muzzle to make sure the crown was done right, measure it at 11 degrees...and check the torque on the DNZ scope base that was on the rifle when it was shipped back to CPI...it was tight and they did not mess with the torque at all...it was still 35 inch lbs....

After inspecting it started to mount the original scope back onto the CVA...it was a Bushnell DOA 250 that I paid around $200 for the scope....the Reticule is a BDC that is set for 250 yards max....figure that I would not shoot a deer farther than that...where I hunt cannot see more than 75 to 80 yards...got the scope mounted and use the Wheeler torque wrench and set it at 25 inch lbs and all I have to do in the morning is to bore site it and put a tag onto the barrel and then take it to the range next week....

I will try my magic load on it...which is 77 gns of Weighed Blackhorn 209 and a CCI-209 primer along with a 260 gn Barnes Sabot flatbase bullet.....we shall see!!!

But glad to get it back home !!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2020, 08:04:46 PM »
great customer service. love to hear it
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2020, 08:46:12 PM »
Interesting Bo that they made so many changes to it which seem to be unrelated to the original problem you had.  Hopefully it functions flawlessly and shoots well for you.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2020, 10:40:13 PM »
Yari - Yes it is, they won't take any money, but will says a few good things about them after I have taken it to the range...but you said it best....

Mad - I know what you mean, what does replacing the front site have to do with it...and they even re-crowned the barrel at 11 degrees....wow they did a lot for this old gun....

Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2020, 06:12:58 AM »
Thought I would share these photos of the CVA Accura 2 with you....the first one show the crown and the new front site....if you look in the background you will see last weeks targets...just have not file them away yet....

Next one shows the Same Bushnell scope that was on there before I sent it back to the factory (Lawrenceville, suburb or Atlanta) with the new can't level and angle indicator that have been mounted on the scope...have to make final adjustments to the scope and the can't level but that will be today sometimes....

There is a shiny new Breech Plug in it...during my inspection yesterday I pull it out and look it...brand new plug!!

Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2020, 10:19:11 AM »
my guess is they replaced anything in question. i'm sure they have a ton of data suggesting previous issues from other clients. might has well take care of them while they have it in the shop rather than having you send it back several times. sounds like good busineess

the other possibility is they were bored and needed something to do @--0--0117 @--0--0117
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 01:16:00 PM »
Bo - That's excellent service.  Glad they took care of you.   ##$%#11
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2020, 02:34:47 AM »
Deerhead and Yari - Yes I agree, they must get these in a lot to turn them around as quickly as they do....I should have guessed it that since they (CVA and others) have technicians that this is all they do is to work on the firearms that are shipped back into them....I am sure that they are sweaty hands and don't have time to drop you a note to say it is finish and it is on its way back to you....

But yes I agree with both of you, excellent customer service is worth their silence when it comes back to you from the factory...still have not understood why they replaced the front site on it...LOL...guess I never will...

Now the only thing is to take it to the range next week....I went ahead and tried to bore site it and I do have an arbor (that fits down the barrel of the 50 caliber muzzle loader and the 20 gauge) pick them both up many years ago and the Tasco 30 Bore siter kit had a slot in the bag for a 50 caliber or large caliber arbor when I bought it back in the mid 70's...it is not accurate at all and will have to look down the bore at 50 yards to verify that the bullet will hit the 50 yd the 24"x 24" target. then go from there...should be interesting time at the range next Tuesday....will take my cleaning kit and plenty of ammo with me....

Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2020, 04:52:20 AM »
Melancholy Opinion - Now all of the kids are back home...talking about the guns, all of them...are back home and are safely nestled in their racks in the gun safes....I like my guns...and have been like that all my life, just ask Split Toe and Deerhead, I have known these guys forever it seems like...it has been a lifelong journey for me from that first rifle - a $35 Chilean Mauser 7X57mm purchased at Candler Army Navy store on Candler Road in Decatur, GA (the Ga boys will know where I am talking about) to the latest Christensen Arms BA VTAC in 308 Win....

I do have in back of my mind the ones that got away...miss them all, but there is a Browning Grade 2 BAR in 308 that I miss the most...never gave it a chance, traded it in on a Ruger No 1 in 7x57mm (boy did that work out badly)....will probably find another old Browning BAR in 308 someday and replace it....As far as the Ruger #1 in 7x57 had to spend another $310 on it (and that does not include shipping to Eabco (E Author Brown and Company)) to make it shot 1" MOA groups at 100 yards....

I have 4 - 3 shot magazines coming (for a total of 12) and know that they are coming and cannot wait till they show up in the mail....I asked my wife every morning after she has been up for a while - Do I have any packages coming today?? and Gunbroker Seller will tell give me a shipping tracking number for it....so that is in the back of my mine....like all my firearms and accessories I know that they fit into my life in one way or another....

I like spending time these days in the gun room, I will spend a few hours (and sometimes most of the day) in their just to work on a firearm or an accessory....maybe I am just getting old, and time is limited and trying to get the room and all that in it in some sort of order for those who my wife decides to sell them all too....hopefully they will find a new home with the love and care that I have given them....all of them....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad