New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: CVA Accura 2 problems  (Read 1749 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
CVA Accura 2 problems
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
Am having trouble closing and locking it down when I get ready to fire....this started late last year....so I took the Accura 2 apart and started looking at it...no adjustments to be found...I had to contact CVA located in Lawrenceville, GA (use to live in Lawrenceville when I got married the first time for about a year until we moved to Norcross) and got a RMA# assigned....this will cost me some bucks. I will set aside $100 for the repair of it and shipping cost.

but since this is a safety issue - it would best if I send it back to CVA for the repair/fix....

Wonder if anybody else had problems similar to this??
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

CVA Accura 2 problems
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: CVA Accura 2 problems
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »
They are at least 4 CVA Accura 2 in our club in GA...including yours truly...maybe more...Jap51 yesterday sent out the deer dates in a pdf file to all the old timers in our club...I simply cannot believe that the muzzle loader season will start on Oct 10, so that means if I am down there at the club that means I got to leave my home here in TN on the 5 or 6th of October and be down there for at least the 6 or 7 days, just depends on Archery Days I hunt and first three days of Muzzle Loader season....

Archery Starts on Sept 12 (Saturday)
Muzzle Loader Starts on Oct 10 (Saturday)
Youth Hunt is on week from Oct 10 to Oct 16
High Power Rifle Starts on Oct 17th (Saturday)

They all (except youth hunt weekend) will run until Jan 10 of 2021...with a few archery only counties in Ga will run to Jan 31st...

It will be imparity to get my muzzle loader up and ready for this coming season...and I think I will get either the T/C Omega or the Savage ML10 ready ASAP for the season.... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:21:26 PM »
so your bow season runs during muzzleloader and gun? do you need to wear orange?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 09:39:06 PM »
I had a similar issue that occured after firing multiple rounds.  I found i was getting a little fouling buildup that was preventing the action from closing completely.  I ended up sanding the top of the breach plug just a hair.   It resolved the issue for me.  I also paid more attention to buildup.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
Yari - GA bow season always backs up to the Muzzle loader or primitive weapons season...it always has. We only wear orange during Muzzle Loader season and high power rifle season, that is the law. But some of us will wear orange during all the hunts in our GA club...including Archery season and some of us will not...just depends, for me wearing the orange during all the hunting season will wear the orange only 3 days longer, I think I can handle that...LOL....

MI - Thanks I will try that and watch the fouling build up....Hate to send it to the factory and it will cost me at least $45 bucks to get it fixed...plus shipping and due to the Covid-19 it will take 4 to 6 weeks turn around time....

That is why I am getting the T/C Omega ready...change battery (2032) to illuminate the red dot and clean off the Burris Fulfield II 3-9X x 40mm scope...clean it yesterday and now waiting for the range. I have a Savage ML10 II that has a Leupold VX3 2.5-8X x 36mm dia that is also a 50 caliber that I am getting ready along side of the Omega that I will use this year, just depends on who is the most accurate....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 05:04:19 PM »
The other thing to check is if the breach-plug is not being able to screw all the way in , had that happen with my Encore 45cal . ##$%#1118  End up getting their thread cleaning tool .
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 05:06:50 PM by sundowner »
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 07:07:33 PM »
Sundowner - The breech plug is all the way in. I don't think that is the problem but I will check it out and get back with you....Thanks again....Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
  • TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
You can archery hunt during the whole deer season but once Muzzleloader season starts you must wear orange even hunting with bow or crossbow.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 05:23:53 AM »
Split Toe - Yes, love the Orange - here is TN you can pick up trash on the side on the road, watch or attend UT football game or go hunting all with you orange on....LOL....yea, thanks for the info..I knew that....but I am not worried about the archery season will be ready for ML season. I have about 5 other muzzle loaders that I will use...getting two of the ready now, going through them and make sure that they are range worthy before actually taking them to the range....will check out which one either the T/C Omega or the Savage ML10 II is the most accurate....watch for the range results on them....

Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 07:50:48 AM »
Bo - I love my TC Omega, it's been my go to ML for 9 years now and it has put deer in the freezer every year since I got it. I always look forward to our October ML season to refill the freezer.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 09:22:29 AM »
Gut - It is my second choice in Muzzle Loaders as far as accuracy goes....the Savage ML10 II is my third choice as well, but the original Remington's ML700 and both almost as accurate as the Omega, but like you the all have put deer in the cooler for yours truly....I use the Omega for years and years before the CVA Accura 2 with its Bergara barrel hit the market...and before the Bergara B14 rifles came out as well.....

We are talking about 2" groups versus 1 to 1.5" groups I am impressed with today's ML. That is why I started looking at the Savage Slug Gun, 20 gauge back in 2018....with the right ammo, it certainly rival any muzzle loader on the market but the ML can shoot the distance of 150 to 350 yards (and every farther)....and sadly the 20 gauge has an effective range of maybe out to 150 yards - but where I hunt at a 100 yards is a long shot....The Omega is ready for the range and the CVA is boxed up waiting for a little more packing before heading back to CVA in Lawrenceville, GA.....near Deerhead's home....and the wait 4 to 6 weeks before I see it....

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the Omega.....

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 06:12:41 AM »
For some reason, the T/C Omega 50 caliber, butt stock recoil pad is beginning to disintegrated!! Don't know why but thought I would replace it. So I ordered me another one and cost me $38 for the pad and another $7 for taxes & shipping....but when it arrived yesterday (yes on Sunday no less!!) looked at the new Limbsaver and the old one (original equipment) to compare what I have to do....You are thinking just unscrew the pad and screwed the new one on....it was suppose to be like for like replacement, that is what I thought but no....have to do some filing or grinding down the center portion of it...see pictures, maybe I got an early one or maybe not.....

Trust me, there is always something to do.....LOL....Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
Bo-I had the exact same issue with my Weatherby shotgun, it took me hours to do the modifications to get butt plate pad to fit and the screw holes would not line up. I had to wood fill the original holes and then re-drill new holes. The 5 minute switch out of parts ended up a five hour project. Weatherby customer service is normally pretty good, until they can't answer you question about the difference and try to make you feel stupid and don't know what you are doing. At one point the young lady in CS said I could ship the stock and parts back and they would install it for me, at my expense, plus shipping both ways and an approximate cost of $150. When I laughed at her on the phone, she hung up on me.  @--0--0117
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »
 ##$%#13   ##$%#15  but you don't laugh at people    --099-780 gutshot unless it is me
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 10:33:48 AM »
I found a Limbsaver in the bargain bin a couple of years ago at our Gander store (before they closed the second time) for my Ruger #1.  Finally got around to installing it a month or two ago.  While the overall profile was darn close to the buttstock, the slotted holes didn't allow it to line up so I had to extend them a bit with a Dremel tool.  It's installed and looks good but doggone it this stuff should be made to drop into place very easily.

Bo, if you were closer I'd pick up your new pad and level it off for you with my disc sander.  If you have any local friends who are into woodworking, a stationary disk or belt sander will make quick work of that job for you (wear a mask or have a good dust collector on it).  That old pad looks like it got attacked by some solvent.  Weird how that happens - I've had a couple of things like that in the past.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad