New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: scope jack  (Read 217 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
scope jack
« on: June 10, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
something useful might have come out of ILL!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry mad @--0--0117) i just saw an ad for SCOPE JACK. it is a scope leveler that eliminate the need for all the levels and strings we normally use to level a scope. might be worth a look

b0-if you get one of these, what would you do w/ all your spare time you saved doing it the old fashion way???????????? @--0--0105
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

scope jack
« on: June 10, 2020, 02:44:17 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
Re: scope jack
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 03:04:00 PM »
Looks really neat , my get one this week . I take that back just ordered one .  ##$%#1118
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:20:51 PM by sundowner »
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »
 ##$%#15   ##$%#13  must be needed to change flat scope for a new scope like when you get a flat tire you get out the tire jack   ##$%#1119   @--0--0117
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 05:11:52 PM »
Or you could be a cheap redneck like me and use a feeler gage set with a stack of flat washers to get it trued up to the rail.   --099-780 --099-780

But hey, Governor JellyBean appreciates any extra sales tax revenues he can get (or any other taxes for that matter) so y'all order some up! 

One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 06:37:07 PM »
Looks really neat , my get one this week . I take that back just ordered one .  ##$%#1118

let us know how it works. I'm not planning to mount any scope in the near future, but you never know

mad-jellybean has a glorious reputation in WI to. my southern WI clients really 'enjoy' him. what a bozo
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 08:34:42 PM »
Yari - we will give him to you, no charge.  Heck, I'll even pay the shipping fees (not insignificant given his size - and you know how much I hate spending money)
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 09:05:58 PM »
mad- did I hear he bought the election for 275MM?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 10:21:44 PM »
mad- did I hear he bought the election for 275MM?
I don't recall what he spent, but I'm sure it was a lot.  Just saw something a month or so ago that stated JellyBean's net worth had just edged up above Trump's, as the wealthiest politician in the US.  I guess since Bloomberg isn't sitting in an elected office now he doesn't count (his net worth is about 15X of JB and Trump.)  JB inherited all of his (Hyatt hotel empire I believe).   When you think about the corruption he's been involved with in the Illinois democratic party (Chicago syndicate) it's unfathomable that he got elected.  Despite the audiotapes etc proving his criminal activity, they spent enough to get the Chicago voters to carry the state for him.  His predecessor (Bruce Rauner) was trying hard to get this ship back upright again, but fighting an uphill battle against all of the career democratic politicians who blocked everything.  He was a blunt facts and data guy, and sadly most of our society apparently doesn't appreciate that, choosing instead to believe the nonsense that the Dems spew.  I just don't know what it will take to bring people to their senses - the lemmings just keep jumping off the cliff.  Companies (like the guys producing the Scope Jack) are leaving the state in droves - can't imagine we'll have much left other than farmers and organizations like schools and medical facilities before long.  There are a number of gun manufacturers in the Quad Cities area on the Illinois side - I believe that's a result of the Army's presence at the Rock Island Arsenal since the 1800's - but I suspect most will be leaving.  Rock River Arms, Springfield Armory, and LMT are some of the more familiar names. 
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »
Yari - I keep looking for them or the latest leveling technique in today shooters market....if I find a suitable one, I buy it.....but what I do is to have a ton of levels, I mean a ton of them....I keep about a dozen of them and get them in from amazon all the time.

I guess I am old fashion, I will take some wedges that I got from a big box store (Home Depot or Lowe's) and first level up the rifle. From the Buttstock I will level and shim if necessary (and generally it does require a wooden shim) with the stock either being milled out or cast I will try and use the level created by the stock manufacturer on it first, then if that does not work will take the rifle and line up the barrel and use the Wheeler barrel leveler on it....that does take some time believe me....the reason why I like Picatinny rails is because it gives you plenty of opportunity to add the levels you might want to add now or at a later date (now is the best time)...Level the scope with a piece of hot pink thick sting hanging from the Tundra Roof camper line...where I have the Thule rack bars located...this is about 20 yards away and with the stock line up and the scope mounted but not tight, line up the vertical reticule with the string that is hanging vertically from the Tundra...once I have that sort of tighten down, I can go ahead and put the Cant Level onto the rifle...but this is a long process about an hour to properly level up the rifle to the scope to mother earth!! After all of this is complete make sure that the screws are properly tighten down to their correct torque values....but like I said, I am sort of old school.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad