New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: High Point 995 TS  (Read 311 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
High Point 995 TS
« on: June 05, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »
Got in July 2020 issue or Guns & Ammo magazine in and they reviewed/field tested the High Point 995 TS in 9mm....since I have owned one for about 4 years now, it was funny reading the reviews of you own rifle....LOL...I had to get another 9mm carbine to go with the Marlin Camp 9 that I had gotten 40 years ago while living in Atlanta. A Smith and Wesson 32 shot magazine will fit in it just fine, so I have got 2 of them....and for all these years it has been my only means of protection out at camp...When Dad and I use to do a lot of camping, I would take it as my protection. When I moved up to TN, one of the first things I got was a folding stock for it. take it to the range with me about ever year and run a magazine or two through it just to make sure it was working and in good shape.   

it was a pleasant article of the High Point....the trigger is heavy about 7 to 8 lbs I guessing. I guess I could test it? but I put a Tru-Glo geen dot laser on it where you can use the green dot as the center of it. I have taken the High Point out to the range about 3 times now and never had a problem with it....A couple of years ago, I bought the semi-auto 9mm pistol, the C-9. It is not a pretty as a Smith or a Kimber is but it does the job and it does hold the same 10 round magazine that the 995 does. Yes you can throw away the 8 shot magazine that it comes with and put a 10 magazine in it. I have a 20 shot first magazine and it does hold a couple of 10 shot extra magazine in the sketelized (spelling?) butt stock, one for each side....

Sort of reminds me of the Kel-Tec PMR-30 that hold 30 - 22 WMR in the magazine. You would also get a CMR-30 which is the carbine but it uses the same magazine as the PMR-30 does....so you have 60 rounds to protect you or your family or your business...just from 2 firearms. I certainly don't want someone to be letting 60 rounds my way...OMG...I will be getting a CMR-30 this year sometimes!!

I got my High Point 995 9mm used on Gunbroker for $250, it came with 4 extra 10 shot magazines, 1 - 20 shot magazine, a carrying case....all I added was the TruGlo sights to it....with the pistol C-9 and the ability to accept the magazine from the 995, it is quiet the bargain.....it would be worth a good look over for the average guy, but it is not a lady's firearm. it is bulky and heavy weapon....trigger is heavy for both the pistol and carbine....the MSRP price for the 995 is right at $375 so street prices will be less that $300! it is a truck gun and pistol.....

For Home protection firearms that use the same magazine is an exception and this would be a good choice if you have to protect your family or business. This is one to considered!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:49:01 PM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

High Point 995 TS
« on: June 05, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: High Point 995 TS
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
sweet looking gun     ()*$%RT  better it is fun to shoot
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 11:24:56 AM »
Dave - Did take it to the range a few times and with the pistol in tow as well, shot the 995 three of four magazines and did the same for the pistol the C-9, they would not an beauty contest, but they were and are functional rifle and pistol....

With the 9mm it is not much recoil at all. Even less than the Marlin Camp 9 that I have, so all in all the 995 and the C-9 (both in 9mm) are both fun to shoot.....at 50 yards the  995 is about 3" groups with the 135 gn using Hornady Critical Defense and the little C-9 pistol likes the 147 9mm better than the it has about 6" at 20 yards so for home defense and plinking they are fun to shoot....

Corrected the load which the 995 shoots best is the 135 gn and NOT the 124 gn as previously stated!! sorry about that.....was looking at my 9mm ammo and have some of the Black Hills Honey Badger ammo, nasty stuff....ouch!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:33:58 PM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »
it looks like it should do the trick

BTW. you were right about the 220 ammo. I looked yesterday and there was nothing but federal 20ga left. apparently during the riots, a lot of scum came across the border and bought the store out. they were trying to restock when I was there. they had a pallet of ammo and boxes of guns that just arrived. i'll get back there this week and hopefully find some 20 ga
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 03:37:02 PM »
I know about the ammo, I am averaging about a month between when I order it and when it arrives....

I have put a Tru-Glo green laser sight with a 2X scope....easy access to the button and along with the 14 rounds in the mag, plus the two extra 10 shot magazines, it is certainly an impressive home protection weapon.....pics to follow....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 10:39:03 AM »
Attached are the photos of the current High Point 995 TS in 9mm......to notice, that I have put a TruGlo Green Laser Site on it and it is the model #Truglo TRU-TEC Red Dot W/ Green Laser in black matte finish.....I really do like this sight a lot especially for inside the house here and at the range limit to 50 yards....

Also notice that I have installed the 15 shot magazine (put 14 in it instead of 15 rounds) and look at the buttstock area of the rifle, you will see there are places for a 10 round magazine on each side.. which I have them installed with 9 shots instead of 10 shots....

So this is what I use for my home protection when I am in the gun room and I'm in there a lot these days...

Pic 5108 shows the green dot about 5 ft from the wall...but it is really bright. Pic 5107 shows the mounting and the buttstock magazines, Pic 5109 shows a close up of the TruGlo sight and pic 5111 shows the entire 995 along with its 15 shot magazine and the extra magazines on the buttstock, the TruGlo sight and the Magpul front Vertical grip that folds out of the way....

The partial gun rack show in pic 5111 is one that I got after the big flood to get my rimfire rifles 22 and 17HMR up off the floor just in case it does flood again. Got it at amazon and paid less that 75 bucks back then in 2019....but it hold a total of 10 rifles front and back. I thought this would be nice to keep one of the racks in a spot where I can get to them....but it contains all my rimfires rifles....plus two air rifles so it has a total of 12 in the rack....any questions and I will be glad to answer them....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 02:18:56 PM »
 green dot is really bold . should have no trouble seeming that
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »
Green lasers are awesome, especially for daytime use.  The human eye can see green light much much better than red.  If I ever put a laser on a gun it will be green for sure.  Red works fine in the dark but in bright light you lose it quickly.  Good setup Bo!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 08:02:07 PM »
My thoughts behind the green laser is time...the sooner I can get it turned on the quicker I can respond to a break in at my house....and when I call 911 to report a break-in, will tell them to send some body bags....going to shoot until there is no longer a threat....15 rounds on the first magazine and two magazines later for a total of 35 shots inside a small home should suffice nicely.....

But I am also doing some swapping on the scopes on the rifles until I fell like I have the right one on the right rifle...with its 30mm tube and a green dot inside the sight window and the green dot visible from the held position, where I don't have to be looking down the scope at a perpetrator....the same dot is either place....love this little scope...need one for the C-9 Pistol as well, that is its buddy....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 10:23:57 PM »
I sure hope it never comes down to a shootout in any of our homes, but you have to be equipped and mentally prepared for the possibility should it arise.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 09:02:15 AM »
Mad - I know what you mean and hear you loud and clear...I got the advantage on one on one or two on one...but if it comes to an armed assault by a group, oh well, I will take out as many as I can before they get me.....I hope it does not come down to that....

Here are another picture of the HP 995 and its position....notice I also have a handy 9 mm HP C9 pistol also in 9mm...I can grab the carbine turn the laser on and grab the pistol in about 2 to 3 seconds....but you have to know where they are located at...LOL....

I am spending more and more time down in the gun room there days so I was thinking that a nice 9mm would be nice to have down there....loaded up with some Hornady Critical Defense Ammo....about a total of 30 rounds with the carbine and the pistol combined....that should do it...one way or another.... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad