New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Range and Covid-19  (Read 317 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Range and Covid-19
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:29:22 PM »
Yesterday (Monday) did a dry run to the range and thought I would see a few folks at each range....let me tell you, there was nobody at the range, I mean nobody!! nobody at the plinking range to the 1000 yard range, nobody was there!!

Am planning on heading to the range about noon on this Thursday....so we will see who is there then.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: Range and Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:42:48 PM »
Congrats on getting out Bo - enjoy your range time and soak up a little sunshine!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 05:29:07 PM »
wow. that surprises me. everyone is going bat crap crazy assuming everything is back to normal
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 06:32:40 PM »
Yari, I hear our moron of a governor (JellyBean himself) was up at one of his many properties in Lake Geneva last week.  I'd really appreciate it if you'd keep him up there.  He has horses up there, said they had to care for the animals you know.  Right, I'm pretty sure manual labor is never on his list of activities.

He's the biggest hypocrite I think I've ever seen - - a few weeks before that we learned his wife and kids were in Florida.  Mind you this is all happening while he's telling everyone in Illinois how important it is to stay home for everyone's well being.  For his sake he better not show up on a gun range.
and enjoy it!

Online yari

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »
mad- if he has horses on Geneva, he probably boards them at Wrigley's stables, yes of the chewing gum fame. let me tell you it ain't cheap to board there. I have clients that think it's smart to pay their crazy fees

do as I say, not as I do for most elected officials. didn't an ILL mayor's wife have a big party during lockdown?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 09:17:53 PM »
mad- if he has horses on Geneva, he probably boards them at Wrigley's stables, yes of the chewing gum fame. let me tell you it ain't cheap to board there. I have clients that think it's smart to pay their crazy fees

do as I say, not as I do for most elected officials. didn't an ILL mayor's wife have a big party during lockdown?
Yeah - the Alton mayor's wife kinda ticked off her hubby.  To his credit though, he said she gets no special treatment and should be charged like everyone else at the party.  Wouldn't surprise me if JellyBean is boarding at Wrigley's, although it's just as likely that he owns a place.  Just saw a couple of weeks ago that he's carrying a net worth just above Trump's.  But being a Chicago boy of wealth and privilege it's not hard to believe that he's in with the Wrigley gang too.
and enjoy it!

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 10:54:40 PM »
Bin to the range about 4 times and there were other people there , going again Thursday . --09--0
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 10:14:09 AM »
Just filled out my application this morning to re-join one of our local ranges.  I can do most of my shooting here at the house, but they have some nice facilities and organized events that I'd like to get back into now that I have a little more time.  I dropped my membership back in the late 90s, hopefully they let me back in!  They've added a 300m range since then, and that's farther than I can realistically shoot here, should be fun.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 08:02:24 AM »
Wow, glad to see all of yawl getting out....We were suppose to go this past Thursday but the forecast called for storms...turned out they were wrong and it was a beautiful day, great for shooting....so we blew it....We will go on Wednesday around noon this week!! Hopefully we will get this range visit in this time!!!.....Glad to see other folks out there as well.....

Have decided to take the oldest one that needed a little gunsmiting as well, such as the 280 Cooper M52, the Blaser R93 in 300WSM and the Savage 220 and a probaly 3 more...Will also take the Mossberg Predator in 6.5 PRC.....Probably will not take the 300 Black out with me this time or the Bargara SP in 308..... 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Online yari

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 08:09:34 AM »
I hear you bo. the weather folks have been wrong almost all the time I want to get out. went to bed and no rain in the forecast. was going to get out in the boat. now 2 waves of storms starting at 10AM. what a profession. you can be wrong 100% of the time and still keep your job.

I can't wait to hear the savage 220 report
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 05:44:41 PM »
I hear you bo. the weather folks have been wrong almost all the time I want to get out. went to bed and no rain in the forecast. was going to get out in the boat. now 2 waves of storms starting at 10AM. what a profession. you can be wrong 100% of the time and still keep your job.

I can't wait to hear the savage 220 report

Kinda like the CDC or WHO or political office - no requirement to be right, ever, apparently.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »
Yes, they (the politicians) keep changing the goal line...that is what is bothering me now, plus they feel like they own us - Yea right !! glad that I live here in the South and understand those people who want to get their businesses back open....heard or read somewhere they are going to lose 1 in every 4 businesses, gone for good...

Maybe I need to buy a firearms to protect myself !! what do you think ?? 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 10:06:28 PM »
Yes, they (the politicians) keep changing the goal line...that is what is bothering me now, plus they feel like they own us - Yea right !! glad that I live here in the South and understand those people who want to get their businesses back open....heard or read somewhere they are going to lose 1 in every 4 businesses, gone for good...

Maybe I need to buy a firearms to protect myself !! what do you think ??
Can't believe you're asking such a silly question Bo - of course you do!
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad