New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: 2020 season  (Read 819 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
2020 season
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »
I finally got out in the boat. I tried to find crappies on the st Croix. no crappies. I did get 6 smallies and one 3# northern. all very fun on ultra light gear. the smallies were 16-17"

next weekend is the walleye opener. it will be interesting. spring is way behind here and the water levels are like mid summer. we've had no rain so it's 4-5' lower than last year. the trees are just showing buds 

WA fishing is still illegal. my BIL is going nuts. he can be in the boat, but if he drops a line he's breaking the law.
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

2020 season
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: 2020 season
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 09:35:53 PM »
Absolutely stupid that they've outlawed fishing - you'd swear he was in Illinois.  I had a fun little email exchange a couple weeks ago with the Illinois DNR, telling them what I thought of their boneheaded move shutting down all activities on state lands here - hunting, fishing, hiking, and everything else.  Actually got a reply from the Deputy Director of the DNR (or so the email indicated) with a really sappy bunch of excuses.  Our ridiculous governor came out with an announcement early last week that they were extending "shelter in place" for another month, but are allowing a few additional shops (mostly garden centers) to open up, but then throwing in a few ridiculous additional requirements.  A day or two later I dropped another note to our deputy DNR director suggesting it was time to reopen access to state lands with some limitations on group sizes etc (not that hunting and fishing in our state areas ever has crowds), and lo and behold they've actually done it.  I'd like to think they were being reasonable and my email had nothing to do with it, but it is Illinois after all, and our DNR is not led by outdoorspeople. 

I bet those 16" smallies on ultralight gear were a blast - you did good landing that northern without him tearing off.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »
several parks are closed in WI along w/ the boat landings in the parks. the parks that are open are full on nice days. there are people selling parking spots adjacent to the parks after the park' lots are full and making a bunch of money. IMO, if there are no spots left in the park, it's too full for me. right?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline King Ben

• 2016 TH Ultimate Outdoorsman
  • 10 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:19:45 AM »
Way to go Mad, someone finally talked some sense into them... --099-780

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 10:33:11 AM »
I somehow don't think I could accomplish that - certainly hasn't worked with certain family members who I will not name here.

@--0--0136 ##$%#15 @--0--0100
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 08:28:23 PM »
Thank goodness I live in Georgia...we've been able to hunt and fish. I've been on the water a lot this year and it's been outstanding. I've not done any Turkey hunting this year as we've had lots of rain and a few trees down across the road at camp. That's been taken care of but our season is over May 15th. I do plan on getting down to camp and plant some millet to do some dove shooting this year with the guys.
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 04:07:31 PM »
it was a tough opener. 15-25 mph winds. that concentrated the boats. typical knuckleheads w/ no common courtesy. I caught 8 walleye but only 1 keeper so he went back

my daughter was fishing w/ me for the first time in years. she hooked a few, but lost them. she stubborn and wanted to pick her own bait.(I wonder where that comes from @--0--0117 @--0--0117) hopefully tomorrow she switches to a plain crawler. she would have a better chance

tomorrow is another day. it shouldn't be as crowded and less wind. I hate fishing in big wind!

so far, the new Pflueger worked well. the spool seems oversized though and once and a while the line didn't flow off like it should.

tight lines all
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 09:37:22 AM »
Glad to hear your able to get out on the water. Hope you enjoy the new Pflueger, mine have served me well over the years and for the price you can't beat them...fish on!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad