New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: cabelas  (Read 973 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: cabelas
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 09:05:29 PM »
MI- they were rubber. some shoe goo would have probably worked. a tire patch kit was option #2. if they hadn't told me they would return them if they wouldn't replace them, I would have never sent them in. they lied about returning them, then made a low ball offer that didn't even cover shipping. not a happy camper to say the least
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2020, 09:05:29 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2020, 09:21:33 PM »
just an FYI- I had a pair of danners w/ gore-tex that were leaking. Gore-Tex has a lifetime guarantee unless the boot was wore out. danner replaced the boots no questions asked. that is customer service --9-908 --9-908 --9-908

I bought them at cabelas and they passed the buck back to danner. from now on, I will buy name brand and not cabelas

NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »
MI- they were rubber. some shoe goo would have probably worked. a tire patch kit was option #2. if they hadn't told me they would return them if they wouldn't replace them, I would have never sent them in. they lied about returning them, then made a low ball offer that didn't even cover shipping. not a happy camper to say the least
I'd fire off a flaming note to them and raise holy heck.  Include a screen shot of this thread on TH showing that it's been read over 150 times and ask them if that's the way they want this story to end, or if they wan't to turn it into a positive experience and regain some confidence from dozens of customers/potential customers.  That's a pretty pathetic response so far on their part.

I had a ridiculous one this week too (not this bad) with Primary Arms when I sent them a question about one of their products and their "customer support supervisor" replied initially and completely failed to answer my question, just basically stated why it was important to pay attention to the thing I asked him about in the first place.  (Duh)  Waited a day or two and took another stab at it with him, this time apparently he read the question and actually gave me the answer I needed originally.  Aggravating that it took several days and two attempts to get a simple answer about their product.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 10:50:16 AM »
I'd fire off a flaming note to them and raise holy heck.  Include a screen shot of this thread on TH showing that it's been read over 150 times and ask them if that's the way they want this story to end, or if they wan't to turn it into a positive experience and regain some confidence from dozens of customers/potential customers.  That's a pretty pathetic response so far on their part.

I had a ridiculous one this week too (not this bad) with Primary Arms when I sent them a question about one of their products and their "customer support supervisor" replied initially and completely failed to answer my question, just basically stated why it was important to pay attention to the thing I asked him about in the first place.  (Duh)  Waited a day or two and took another stab at it with him, this time apparently he read the question and actually gave me the answer I needed originally.  Aggravating that it took several days and two attempts to get a simple answer about their product.

there has been a 'strong dialog'. they made a final offer of 50%. i pointed out several times the customer service guy told me they would be returned if not replaced. it's like talking to a wall. i'll be out $100 on boots i could have fixed. cabelas purchases will go way way down. their cc card is already done because of poor service
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline yari

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 10:54:29 AM »
i mentioned  the savage 220 i bought at cabelas was missing the trigger adjustment. cabelas said they couldn't help. REALLY? USELESS! it's been one thing after another w/ them.

i contacted savage. they were low staffed w/ the virus, but finally said they would send the tool. it's supposed to be in the mail. NOW THAT'S WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD LOOK LIKE. shame on cabelas for not honoring a gun order

kudos to savage ##$%#115 ##$%#115
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 05:37:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about the Cabela's Customer Service....wow, a $25 check for a pair of $130 boots...yes they use to be top dog as far as their products goes, apparently that is a Bass Pro effect on them...or maybe the are purposely letting them go to the dogs because they want for everyone to switch over to the Bass Pro line of boots...just thinking....i bet they are not as friendly as before either.....oh well...

I guess Midway and Brownell's and others are looking pretty good these days!!!

And as far as the trigger on the 220 goes, I have already adjust it down to between 2.75 lbs and 3.0 lbs....it was set at 3.5 lbs from the previous owner...easy to do....even I could do it !!! LOL....

Bo
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »
Glad to hear Savage is trying to take care of their customers Chris, and your recent experiences with Cabelas have been enough to steer me in another direction for the future, although honestly I haven't ordered anything from them for the last couple of years so they won't miss me.  I probably ought to buy another pair of knee boots too, recently had to pitch my "around the ranch" pair due to rapid disintegration.  I can't complain, I got a lot of years and miles on those.  They were Irish Setters, and were the most comfortable pair of rubber boots I've ever owned.  A couple of years ago I bought a new pair for hunting, also Irish Setters, and while they're comfortable they are a real bugger to get off without a boot jack.  Those have neoprene uppers, not sure if that's why or not.  Again they're comfortable, but really tough to pull off my heel.  Let us know what you decide to get in place of those &#(%&@) Cabelas boots.
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 10:26:23 PM »
mad- I have a pair of ankle fit rubber boots that are the same way. I was almost dislocating my ankle getting them off. the boot horn made it tolerable getting them on. I will have to look to see what they are and not make that mistake again. they are still in good shape, just painful

irish setters are made just down the road. I still have a pair of their leather boots. they squeaked terrible so no go for hunting. I use them for tractor work now. they are well made, just noisy

I will have to check them all out. i'm thinking 1600-2000 gr thinsulate. these are my cold weather boots. cold feet are a killer on an all day stand
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2020, 02:42:30 PM »
Yeah for sure - you probably have a lot more cold weather days to hunt than I do.  I wear pac boots once things start dropping down in the 20s and lower if I'm going to be on a stand.  My rubber boots are on the light end but with a couple of pairs of good socks I get by down into the 30s generally.
and enjoy it!

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 08:47:51 AM »
I've always said that there are a lot of good (and apparently not so good!) products out there and the the only thing that makes one company different from another is what do they do when something like this happens. A $25.00 gift card is not good customer service, period. It's insulting even based on the send back if not replaced they promised. I have had various responses over the years with defective products or just plain questions on their products. I contacted Tru Glo the other day and just needed some info on ordering the .029 red fiber optic strip for my turkey sight. They replied that they were sorry for the inconvenience and would send some out at NC right away. It wasn't the price and it wasn't a $150 pair of boots but it was the fact that even though they did nothing wrong, they wanted me to be happy. I had some problems last year with some tick repellent gloves. It looked like there was no threading in the fingers and kept coming loose! I sewed them several times and finally thought, why should I have to be fixing their gloves! I wrote five different times and no one bothered to get back to me so I threw them out and I will no longer be a customer of theirs. I told them that and they still didn't bother to answer. I've had varied responses to issues but the ones that reply and are fair will have my business. Some companies still value this ancient ritual of good customer service. Others are in it for the almighty dollar and could care less. I am surprised at Cabela's about this. Good news travels fst but so does bad.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
Exactly BC - bad actually travels much faster and to more people.

I got an email last week, supposedly from Cabelas in Ft Worth TX, asking me how I felt about my shopping experience there on May 18.  Was not in Texas May 18 of course, as I am faithfully adhering to our fantastic governor's stay at home order (OK maybe not faithfully, but sure as heck wasn't in Ft Worth).  Suggested to the wifey that she keep an eye on our credit card statements for bogus charges, so far not seeing anything.  Ignored the email but then got a followup this week asking me again to fill out their survey.  Have taken a screen shot of the email and forwarded it to Cabelas customer service to see if it is legit, and if so, how they got a trigger to send me that email.  Crickets so far, and that was 3 days ago.  Not impressed.

By the way - have any of you received an email like that from Cabelas/Basspro?
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2020, 05:02:01 PM »
mad-I have not. after many exchanges w/ cabelas "customer service" I finally let them know what I really thought. I didn't get any response. they lost me on this one. i'm done w/ cabelas branded items if this is how they stand by their lifetime guarantee 
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad