New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: cabelas  (Read 1009 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
cabelas
« on: April 13, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »
I just blew a chance at a savage 220 camo w/ scope and blued barrel. cabelas must have mismarked it @ $409. it was there before dinner and gone now.

I was thinking stainless, but I can't decide if I like the look. the stainless looks shiny to me for some reason. i'll have to see it in person I guess
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

cabelas
« on: April 13, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: cabelas
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:11 PM »
I would expect it's sort of a dulled bead blasted finish on the stainless barrel, not too glossy, but have not seen one in person either.  They sell a blackening solution you can apply to stainless barrels and receivers to take the silver brightness away too.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 05:40:23 AM »
Yari - Sorry you missed that deal. Wow, it was a good deal. Yea mis-marked for sure! most of them go for about $600+ for that amount...I still in the market for a Savage 220....and I really don't visit Cabela's like I use to simple because when Bass Pro bought them they will charge you local sale tax as well as shipping charges. I made that mistake with Bass Pro bought Cabela's and I place an order for under $100. With TN 9.25% state wide sales tax and the county which I live in added another 1/2 percent so it came to almost 10% plus their normal shipping charges....so I switched from Cabela's to MidwayUSA, good old Larry, and have been getting a lot off of GunBroker as well....

Sorry....Cabela's.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 03:55:44 PM »
Wow that was a deal!!! 200.00 off I would have got one just for kicks!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
THE SALE SHOWS UP RIGHT NOW AS $409 on cabelas.om

I just got a FREE Savage 220. it was blued w/ black stock and scope. I would have gone w/ camo and maybe stainless, but I haven't seen a price that good.  I couldn't pass it up. I used gift cards and credit card pts. I was waiting for something I "needed" to use my stockpile on. --099-780 --099-780

Emily is now ready for her bear hunt!!!!

NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »
Awesome, what scope are they including?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »
Awesome, what scope are they including?

the new savage axis are coming w/ the vortex crossfire. I would be happy w/ that. the pic shows a bushnell. the sales rep couldn't tell me(imagine that. cabelas has really gone downhill) I have a Leo i'm planning to put on if this scope isn't good. it was a good deal either way
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 05:52:36 AM »
Yari - When I head south, I pass by 3 Cabela's and wondering when they are going to close the one in Chattanooga up? It is a small outpost store and wonder why they built a bigger more modern store just inside the TN line....but anyway, was wondering if they have laid off the expensive, experienced personal, the ones that know the difference...and have gone to a minimum wage employee to replace the season, experienced workers....now with the CORVID-19 crises the stores are emptier than ever....

You did get a good deal onto the Savage, as soon as I get all the stuff 5 items off of gunbroker, I will started to focus on the Savage 220....have everything except the Gun itself....congrats!! 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 12:40:11 PM »
not to change the subject, but I have a pair of cabelas 1200 gr rubber boots. I figure I've worn them 25-40 times. today in the turkey blind, I noticed I have a 2" tear on the side. SERIOUSLY??????????? I know I don't have 7-8 miles on them and mostly in the snow. that is pathetic.

don't bought cabelas brand rubber boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »
not to change the subject, but I have a pair of cabelas 1200 gr rubber boots. I figure I've worn them 25-40 times. today in the turkey blind, I noticed I have a 2" tear on the side. SERIOUSLY??????????? I know I don't have 7-8 miles on them and mostly in the snow. that is pathetic.

Send them back
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 05:20:40 PM »

Send them back

the last time I tried to send back a lifetime guarantee item from cabelas, they told me it was 'past the lifetime of the item'. i'll never take their lifetime guarantee seriously. I will definitely call though. this is ridiculous.   good idea. thx 
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 01:04:22 AM »
Yari - Yes send them back, I would not settle for a rubber boot that tears, what is the purpose if they tear....holy cow, they will let the water in and your scent out....

And that had to be a saleman's saying "it was past the lifetime of the item" I would asked to speak to his boss and if he is the boss, then ask to speak to the store manager....I love Cabelas clothes and products, in general,  everyone in our hunt club likes the Cabela's brand and they don't care to much for the Red Head products....

If you just bought them in the last year, then Bass Pro could begin to phase their products into the Cabela's store because of their profit margin is higher because it is cheaper than Cabela's? who knows? but I would not settle for anything less that a new pair of rubber boots....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
Yari - Yes send them back, I would not settle for a rubber boot that tears, what is the purpose if they tear....holy cow, they will let the water in and your scent out....

And that had to be a saleman's saying "it was past the lifetime of the item" I would asked to speak to his boss and if he is the boss, then ask to speak to the store manager....I love Cabelas clothes and products, in general,  everyone in our hunt club likes the Cabela's brand and they don't care to much for the Red Head products....

If you just bought them in the last year, then Bass Pro could begin to phase their products into the Cabela's store because of their profit margin is higher because it is cheaper than Cabela's? who knows? but I would not settle for anything less that a new pair of rubber boots....

they are in the mail back to cabelas. they won't take them back in the store after 90 days. in the old days, cabelas stores would have sent them back for you. not anymore.

i agree. cabelas is hands down better than red head. it's really hard to get the cabelas clothes. they must be in limited production now? 
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline yari

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 11:07:41 AM »

Send them back

your going to love this. cabelas said they would send the boots back if they didn't replace them. instead, i got a check for $25 for a pair of $130 boots. i called and asked if the boots were on the way back. NO, THEY HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. i could have patched them, but it looked like a defect so i sent them back. the $25 covers the cost of my shipping. WOW HAS CABELAS CUSTOMER SERVICE HIT THE CRAPPER. i can guarantee i won't buy cabelas brand boots ever again
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Administrator
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 03:35:23 PM »

Send them back

your going to love this. cabelas said they would send the boots back if they didn't replace them. instead, i got a check for $25 for a pair of $130 boots. i called and asked if the boots were on the way back. NO, THEY HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. i could have patched them, but it looked like a defect so i sent them back. the $25 covers the cost of my shipping. WOW HAS CABELAS CUSTOMER SERVICE HIT THE CRAPPER. i can guarantee i won't buy cabelas brand boots ever again

Were they rubber or neophrene?     I repaired a set of muck boots (neophrene) with a wader repair kit last year, worked great.  Ripped them turkey hunting the first time I wore them.  I just applied a patch to both the inside and out when the directions specified only the outside.

Companies keep trying to reduce costs/increase profit margins; you can only reduce the material quality so far before it starts to show in the end product.

Two words that have hurt companies more than anything else...shareholder value. Money trumps quality.

I agree on the customer service, more and more we are a disposable society and no one wants to support their product.  I would let them know you will not buy again and tell them why.   I doubt it will make a difference but maybe if the right person there see's it something might happen.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad