New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: 2020 season  (Read 481 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: 2020 season
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:36 PM »
Oh man, that's outstanding!

Glad to hear that little scratch box didn't send them running in the opposite direction.
 ##$%#114

the only downside I see is the box really eats the chalk. if it's not properly chalked, it really squeaks --7-8-9 --7-8-9 when properly chalked, I really like the sound. the birds to to ##$%#115

I really wish I had a mouth call in at go time. I think I could have moved them to a shooting window
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:36 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »

Glad to hear that little scratch box didn't send them running in the opposite direction.
 ##$%#114

the only downside I see is the box really eats the chalk. if it's not properly chalked, it really squeaks --7-8-9 --7-8-9 when properly chalked, I really like the sound. the birds to to ##$%#115

I really wish I had a mouth call in at go time. I think I could have moved them to a shooting window
Yeah, compared to a regular box call, there's less surface area and you do have to chalk a bit more.  I usually don't do it more than once in a day's hunt though.  I chalk the box edge of course and the entire striker surface though, and do work with different portions of the striker during the course of a morning.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 10:50:10 PM »

##$%#114

Yeah, compared to a regular box call, there's less surface area and you do have to chalk a bit more.  I usually don't do it more than once in a day's hunt though.  I chalk the box edge of course and the entire striker surface though, and do work with different portions of the striker during the course of a morning.

mine is more finicky. I bet I chalked it 4-5 times this AM. I work the entire box to. I must call more. I usually hit it every 15-20 minutes
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 06:42:36 AM »
We have a generous return policy if you need your money back!
 --099-780
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 08:30:33 AM »
We have a generous return policy if you need your money back!
 --099-780

made in the good old USA. good to know --099-780

have you made anything fun on the 3D printer lately?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 09:02:26 AM »
A friend of mine is running several printers to make visors which hold face shields for the medical facilities.  I was going to run some of those but our printer couldn't handle the size of the main piece.  I have run a few parts on the laser etcher for Christmas gifts, but need to get some calls made up to run through it.  I still owe HM his coaster set too.  Made a set of Star Wars coasters for a gift, so I have some ideas on how to do it better now.
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad