New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Trying to keep the economy healthy (at least for the firearms industry)  (Read 509 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
In addition to the smokepole kit that is in the works, I finally broke down and ordered a Contender frame & pistol grip set last night from Haus of Arms.  Will be looking for a .44 mag and .223 barrel for it, and may go after a .350 Legend barrel (have to custom order that, no pistol barrels for sale yet).  Also thinking about buying an AR9 lower and building up a pistol. 

Other than Bo and his Savage 220, any of you folks finding time to shop for new bangsticks lately?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

TalkHunting Community

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
I will be getting a savage 220 at some point. there are some nice sales right now. I figure savage will also have a $100 off rebate at some point. just waiting

looking at packs and  pants for my elk trip. some of these guys are nuts. $200-500 for each? talk about price gouging! that has to be 300% mark-up.

any elk packs or light weight pant suggestions would be welcomed. i'm set up for stand hunting. I haven't been on an elk hunt for 15 years
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
Congrats on the new toys Mad. I have been looking for a 700 Rem in a 22-250 to have rechambered into a 22-243 Ackley Improved. I missed 2 gun shows this winter and now have been just laying low so I haven't found a good one yet. I have never ordered a gun online but maybe that is my next step.   My brother has a contender in .223 and I have an XP100 in .223. Both shoot really good. I have shot mine to 500 yards just for the fun of it. Enjoy the new toys.

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
looking at a glock 17 gen 5 in 9mm I have a tc contender in 22 with a scope and 14 inch barrel
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Dave - and others with Contenders - curious about how front heavy that pistol feels with a 14" barrel.  I know they sell a bajillion of them.  Also if anyone happens to have a .223 or .44 mag barrel they want to sell off, send me a PM.  I've seen .44 mags as short as 10" which would still be a significant velocity improvement over my 7.5" super blackhawk I'm guessing. 

Not - this was my first internet gun purchase too.  I have a friend down the road with an FFL, the process was super simple.  Once I made the payment, the seller emailed me asking for a copy of the FFL.  I forwarded that email to my buddy, who emailed the info right back to the seller, and shipment was made that day.  Will run over to his house next week and get the paperwork rolling and officially kick off my 72 hour waiting period (thanks government - I know you want to protect the world from me potentially going on a mass shooting spree with a single shot pistol).

Bought the Contender from Haus of Arms in Colorado.  He specializes in Thompson/Center single shots.  Got a chance to speak with him (Marty) by phone the other day, sounds like a good guy.  He and his wife and son just returned from an African Safari last month - he has a good blog writeup on his web page that you might enjoy reading while cooped up at home:
https://www.hausofarms.com/blog.asp

One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Dave - and others with Contenders - curious about how front heavy that pistol feels with a 14" barrel.  I know they sell a bajillion of them.  Also if anyone happens to have a .223 or .44 mag barrel they want to sell off, send me a PM.  I've seen .44 mags as short as 10" which would still be a significant velocity improvement over my 7.5" super blackhawk I'm guessing. 

Not - this was my first internet gun purchase too.  I have a friend down the road with an FFL, the process was super simple.  Once I made the payment, the seller emailed me asking for a copy of the FFL.  I forwarded that email to my buddy, who emailed the info right back to the seller, and shipment was made that day.  Will run over to his house next week and get the paperwork rolling and officially kick off my 72 hour waiting period (thanks government - I know you want to protect the world from me potentially going on a mass shooting spree with a single shot pistol).

Bought the Contender from Haus of Arms in Colorado.  He specializes in Thompson/Center single shots.  Got a chance to speak with him (Marty) by phone the other day, sounds like a good guy.  He and his wife and son just returned from an African Safari last month - he has a good blog writeup on his web page that you might enjoy reading while cooped up at home:
https://www.hausofarms.com/blog.asp
it not to bad I have a 2 power scope on it I did have a 357 herret barrel for it hunted deer with I but the bullet did to much damage to the meat so sold the barrel it did have a 2 to 7 power scope on it
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
I will be getting a savage 220 at some point. there are some nice sales right now. I figure savage will also have a $100 off rebate at some point. just waiting

looking at packs and  pants for my elk trip. some of these guys are nuts. $200-500 for each? talk about price gouging! that has to be 300% mark-up.

any elk packs or light weight pant suggestions would be welcomed. i'm set up for stand hunting. I haven't been on an elk hunt for 15 years
Check out Camofire.com I've been using them for years and they have packs and suck on sale there at least once a week, along with many other great products. They have daily deals and will email you the deals each day. It may be worth a look for you.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
Congrats on the new purchase. I have been looking around at everything and nothing in particular. just seeing what things are selling for, I notice on the auction sites 9mm ammo is selling very high just for reloads crazy!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Good idea Gut to check out 24 hr campfire, my first Blaser R93 came from there and a lot of folks tell me alot about them....it is always worth a look at them.....

Bo
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari