New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations and Shutdowns  (Read 1646 times)

Offline BeaglePup

• TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2020, 08:26:08 AM »
Just talked to a friend who is in new car sales industry.  Anyone thinking of getting a new car or truck, if this keeps up the deals will be over the top by the end of April.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2020, 08:32:29 AM »
Mad - for sure - Guard you TP - Keep asking the misses if we have enough??...she assures me that we do....but still guard it with the new guns and ammo that was purchased...don't know about ya'll but this is an opportunity (crisis) to buy another rifle of pistol....LOL.....

Don't let a good crisis go to waste!! some demo-rat said that - Rham Emmanuel said that while he served in the Obama Administration....I will heed his warming....

LOL.....Bo
Good point, I better start convincing the better half that she needs a new bangstick in these critical times . . .
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2020, 05:36:50 AM »
With everyone either at home, working from home, or just stuck at home, now would be a good time to get on Talk Hunting and tell about your experiences during all these uncertain times ahead of us....

Saturday morning was the start of Ga Turkey season, did any see those mask they were wearing? LOL....but with Turkey hunting you can certainly practice "social distancing" to the extreme....LOL....

Now would be a good time for me to catch up on my reading!! Visiting the Red Cross Blood Donation is on the agenda this week and you know how much I hate needles!! The wife and I had made plans to do this from last year....

Also it would be a good time to reload extra rounds...normally I keep about 10 rounds per rifle loaded up....it would be a good time to re-evaluate some of my rounds that I reload....also it would be a good time to visit your state laws on Guns and what the demo-rats are trying to do with them!! Get Involved!!!

Next thing to do is to check on you battery supply. Make sure you have plenty of  AA and AAA....and of course gas or propane for your generators....make sure you have enough to last for the next couple of months.....

I have order ratchet straps from Amazon gotten them ready to go down with me for ladder stands and check to lay you hands on you turkey ammo, you never know when you will get a chance to go gobble hunting....Our hunting lease dues are due sooner rather than later.....just think about what you got to do and make yourself a note or two about the upcoming deer season....

Just some thoughts.....Bo

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 06:46:09 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations and Shutdowns
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2020, 05:15:38 AM »
Here is the link to the John Hopkins University website for the map that many of you see on you TV

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 07:56:45 PM »
Hopefully with all this "social distancing" we have in place, there is light at the end of the tunnel and maybe they are seeing a flattening of the curve, but for this old guy it will be a while before I can go out and about.....sure would be nice to go to a baseball game......
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 10:21:51 PM »
Amen to that.  Looking forward to seeing things sorta back to normal, if that exists.  Wondering what will happen when things start opening back up and there is a new case or two (which you know there will be) - does everyone freak out and shut things down again?  Guess we'll find out.
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 12:51:30 PM »
the WI governor, who I refer to as monty burns of The Simpson's fame, declared turkey season essential. that's the 2nd thing this lib did right!  @--0--0117 @--0--0117he declared alcohol essential to! @--0--0118 @--0--0118 he must have had a stroke and came to his senses.  @--0--0105

my season starts next week -0078 -0078
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 01:26:33 PM »
the WI governor, who I refer to as monty burns of The Simpson's fame, declared turkey season essential. that's the 2nd thing this lib did right!  @--0--0117 @--0--0117he declared alcohol essential to! @--0--0118 @--0--0118 he must have had a stroke and came to his senses.  @--0--0105

Good news and good luck!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2020, 07:16:18 PM »
Well Yari, you're doing well, I can't come up with even one thing our governor did right.  You'd think he'd accidentally be right on occasion, but so far not seeing it.
and enjoy it!

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »

Hunting season still on but most private land owners closing their properties, the State Games lands are closed along with the State Parks.   SO basically if you don't own your own land you are not hunting this spring....

The liquor stores are open (State Owned here in Virginia) but the grocery stores are not restocking beer or wine as quickly as most folks want them too......I see a lot of new white smoke trails in the sky around my house at dusk so the guys are firing up the "home Brews"....
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 10:25:48 AM »
The PA Fish & Boat Commission pulled a fast one yesterday by opening the Trout Season 11 days early and only announced it yesterday at 8am. The people here are losing their minds over it.  --099-780 The call was made so the streams and lakes were not polluted with fishermen on Saturday the 18th. I had a blast and caught a 23" 8LB rainbow at our sportsmens' club lake. My largest rainbow to date.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
The PA Fish & Boat Commission pulled a fast one yesterday by opening the Trout Season 11 days early and only announced it yesterday at 8am. The people here are losing their minds over it.  --099-780 The call was made so the streams and lakes were not polluted with fishermen on Saturday the 18th. I had a blast and caught a 23" 8LB rainbow at our sportsmens' club lake. My largest rainbow to date.
That is a whopper!!! Congrats
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »
gut- nice rainbow.

i don't get the logic of opening 11 days early. won't that pressure spawning fish?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »
gut- nice rainbow.

i don't get the logic of opening 11 days early. won't that pressure spawning fish?
The fish gotta socially distance too?
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »
gut- nice rainbow.

The fish gotta socially distance too?

Most of these fish are hatchery raised and stocked, you don't find these kind of trout in natural streams. These breeder size trout are stocked about every 6 - 7 years.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

New Page 3

Google Ad