New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations and Shutdowns  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
Re: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
OK as of 3/16 the stock market took another major hit -2,997   ???  Government officials issuing executive orders to stop group sizes of 50 or more.  Well what does that mean for business?  So are they wanting to stop all business?  Is that next?  This is going to get really bad.  Hold on its going to get bumpy 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2020, 09:24:00 PM »
WA state is limiting the amount you can withdraw from the bank to $500. my brother in law was raging. he tried to take his whole acct out. he plans to go back every day until it's all out.

he just bought some 2nd amendment silver dollars. they are nice, but a huge premium. that's the problem w/ coins and gold and silver bars. there is a big premium and tough to liquidate if you want to
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 11:10:56 PM »
That's all we need on top of the current hysteria, banks creating a panic by limiting withdrawals.  When does the stupidity stop?
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 09:41:48 AM »
As of yesterday (3-14-2020), the Tennessee Resources Wildlife Agency (the game wardens) have shut down all shooting ranges in Tennessee till April 1st...has anybody else had their range closed ??
All local sportsmen clubs have cancelled league trap shoots until further notice, this is just stupid  ##$%#113
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 05:59:12 PM »
my company just went to essential employees only.  Everyone else can work from home.  Well guess what I am considered essential so I have to report to the office since I am responsible for its operation.  It will  not be bad since no traffic on the road and fewer employees in the office.  Maybe now I can get somethings done  @--0--0117.   Just trying to be optimistic. 

Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:24 PM »
Yeah Deerhead, there may actually be a silver lining in that.  Getting rid of most of the noise and interruptions around you can help you get a lot done at times.

Both my son in KC and daughter in Ohio got the same directive this week - they've been scrambling to make sure they have the tools and connections to be productive from home.
and enjoy it!

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Frito Bandito
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 08:44:31 PM »
Our DNR has closed field offices, online and retail license sales are still supposed to be up.

The Big 3 are supposed to announce they are shutting down which in turn my shut down my company forcing me to use up all my vacation time.

Hoping they will continue to let the IT staff work on outstanding projects.
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 01:46:00 AM »
Have been watching Fox News and the Local News as well as most of you guys have been....just found out that my old company that I retired from as of yesterday they went from office to working at home till further notice....and the range that I belong to is private so it is not controlled by the game wardens (TWRA) but I figure that some day soon that they will disable the electronic gate on the members.....

I think I will head down to hunt camp, knowing that I have been bringing toilet paper there for 3 years now, knowing that we have a lot of it to go through...LOL....

But seriously, here in East Tennessee, things are beginning to shut down. All the restaurants that the wife and I have visited this week all said that they have gone to essential personnel and that if business doesn't improve, then they will have to shut down....the malls have said that they are shutting down and the local Walmart and Kroger have gone to reduced hours....

Deerhead - You may been one of the skeleton crew at the your office. Do you have anybody working from home and how are you handling the layoffs, reduction of staff?

OMG - Deerhead - You and I have taken a bath in the stock market lately....thank goodness, I am a planner.....they should be some good opportunities when it market hits bottom.....but what bottom are we talking about? i hope not rock bottom. I have more than half my saving tied up in the market these days....thank goodness I have the other half in cash and CD's.....how do I get them if the banks close shop...thinking of letting the CD's expire if I have to and then the cash will go back into regular savings? don't know at this point.....does anybody? Trump is doing the best job at the right time, it shutters me just think if Hilary was in office...put my head between my legs and kiss my butt good by!!...LOL...

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »
bo-i hope you don't have more than 250K total in each back. if this gets bad, that's all you are insured to
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2020, 09:59:04 AM »
Hummmm,  ##$%#1119    I have started up my AmeriTrade account again....I hate to admit (sorta) that this is the only time I tend to buy stocks and then sit on them.  It has worked for me in the past and I don't invest more than I can spare to loose out on.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 04:10:41 PM »
That's not a bad strategy BP.  I jumped in and bought some stuff a couple of weeks ago after the initial big drop, thinking I was pretty smart.  It's underwater now, but when this passes (and it will), I'll get healthy again on that buy. 

Wife is still working (from home now) and I have pension coming in, so stuff in the stock market with be able to ride until things get better.  We've all seen a few of these cycles, hang in there (and if you have any spare cash, there are some bargains to be had, just gotta make a call on what the "bottom" is.)
and enjoy it!

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Frito Bandito
  • Contest Team Leader
  • 12 Point Droptine
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »
Our DNR has closed field offices, online and retail license sales are still supposed to be up.

The Big 3 are supposed to announce they are shutting down which in turn my shut down my company forcing me to use up all my vacation time.

Hoping they will continue to let the IT staff work on outstanding projects.

For the time being we are still working despite the automotive shutdown.  Glad to keep getting paid!!
NRA Lifetime Member
NWTF Member
SummerBlast 2015, 2016
KY Meet & Greet 2017
WalleyeBlast 2016, 2017

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 05:46:41 AM »
Was talking on the phone to someone who told me that gun sales and ammo has gone through the roof!!! Again my position on having a firearm is that you and the misses got to practice with it to make sure that you know how to handle and to operated when you need too!! You and the misses got to make it an activity and some how these days make it fun.....I own them and have been around pistols my whole life and I know how to handle them....

Having said that, now back to the main topic, Corvid-19 Virus....I have thought about it long and hard and wonder if I could do anything else....of course there is, and when I think of it I will do it right then and there.....but have hunker down and told the misses that she will have to slow down her daily going somewhere and doing something every day!! This morning she told me that she has to go to Wally World to look for some ferns plants....I told her that I would stay here and hold the fort down....

I had an Ameritrade account for will over 20 years now and have grown use to their format....like them and understand then also a big fan of the Motley Fools and Fidelity and Vanguard accounts....when the big drop happen did switch my stocks to bonds but still lost a lot of mula in the process....will focus on oil and high tech stocks as well as the old standard ones goes, will not focus on airlines but will look at bank sector....yea BP where and when the bottom will hit.....

but thought I would let you know that there is some truth in the fact that more Americans are buying guns and ammo..... 

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »
Yeah, true, the gun industry is heating up again to Obama levels.  Ruger stock was tanking before the virus hysteria but is bouncing back nicely while the rest of the market continues to slide.  Colion Noir put out a YouTube video this week talking about the high number of newbies hitting the gun shops now, many of whom considered themselves as anti gun previously.  Hope it gives them the needed education that you can't just walk in and plunk down your money and walk out with a firearm like buying a bottle of wine, but more than anything else, like Bo states, I pray that these people will get some training so they know how to safely handle the firearm.

Gotta guard their TP stash you know!
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 06:58:41 AM »
Mad - for sure - Guard you TP - Keep asking the misses if we have enough??...she assures me that we do....but still guard it with the new guns and ammo that was purchased...don't know about ya'll but this is an opportunity (crisis) to buy another rifle of pistol....LOL.....

Don't let a good crisis go to waste!! some demo-rat said that - Rham Emmanuel said that while he served in the Obama Administration....I will heed his warming....

LOL.....Bo
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad