New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations and Shutdowns  (Read 1897 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Coronavirus 19 Cancellations and Shutdowns
« on: March 12, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
As long as they don't cancel Turkey Season because the might thing the turkey's carry the virus, then I won't put up a fuss and don't forget about the shooting range....but you know our lovely politicians, anything for  a vote.....LOL....

But they are cancelling every thing, all major professional and college sporting events and....all public gatherings.....just think of the logistics of all this...its already mind boggling, just think if they go even farther....holy cow....

Does anybody think China did this on purpose to smear the US economy, especially since a non-politician is in the White House...don't know about ya'll but I'm sitting out of the market for the next (at least two weeks) 30 days or so, but I am paying attention to the futures market very closely.........

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:37:22 AM by BoBallistic »
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

Coronavirus 19 Cancellations and Shutdowns
« on: March 12, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: Cornavirus 19 Cancellations
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:00:41 PM »
i heard the china conspiracy theory. i really hope it isn't true. and, i don't believe their virus numbers are going down. i think they are lying

as far as the politicians, i wouldn't put anything past them. i heard the new relief bill from the house contained a bunch of 'pork' the libs couldn't get past in other bills for the last 20 years. seriously? now is not a time to be petty idiots. take care of the problem at hand and put your lib agenda on the back burner!

as far as everyday citizens, i heard 38% of Americans thought the virus was caused by drinking corona beer. i saw this on a news feed. i hope it's not true and just fake news AGAIN

my daughter's college closed. my company wants us to work at home. we are far from done w/ this
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
my confurance in Albany ny the end of this month was cancled
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »
Seems to be a relatively irrational overreaction in my estimation.  Is it China, or is it the liberals trying to take the steam out of the economy before the election to give them a hope of pinning this all on Trump?  Yeah I get it, people are getting sick and we need to be careful, but is this whole thing really that much worse than our typical influenza?  All of the data (facts on cases and fatalities, not projections on how it will wipe out all humans in the next 30 days) seem to point to a bunch of people with a sky is falling mentality. 

You can bet that a lot of people and groups around the world are watching this unfold and getting pretty excited seeing all of the disruption they can potentially cause in the future with a little germ warfare activity.  Maybe I'm wrong, and I certainly hope I'm not wrong, but I think this is a ridiculous reaction.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 07:56:37 PM »
I manage a Region HQ for a large International company and have oversite of two other regional locations.  Trust me this is no fun.  All the extra cleaning, dealing with employees who are panicked, contingency planning…  Oh did you hear the sky is falling? But we need to keep sales up and products shipping out the door and profits up.

Now as everyone know all sporting events are shut down and large gatherings. Now schools are closing.  I have heard a lot of business are letting employees work from home.  Next many will have limited staff.

You think the economy is hurting now wait until business start closing and loosing large percentage of their revenue.     
Another part of the economy that is soaring is sanitizer and toilet paper.  Did you hear there is no toilet paper at Walmart?  What are we going to do?

What we are going to do is buy, buy, buy when the stock market starts its rebound.  Just need that crystal ball to tell me when that is.   
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 05:42:38 AM »
I know someone had to break the ice on the Virus (Covid-19) so I posted my original comments....

Thanks for all the responses....Deerhead - I agree with you 110% - just wait, in a couple of weeks!! I have been retired for a while now and forgotten the things that you speak of...wow, yea you have your nightmares during all this....I bet you don't sleep at night!! and the cost!! Wow....

You and I have discussed the market before and I will sit out for a while then jump back in when there is a bargain to be had....but it is not for the faint and faith hearted....you got not to make this personal, it just numbers.....but I am looking at oil stocks and hi tech stocks...and check out the futures market as well....glad I got out of options many years ago...and selling the market short is not an option these days for anybody....so I'm hanging in there....

Yari - As far as the virus goes, I agree with you and as far as trusting our leaders I agree with you 110%. Still voting out the demo-rats this year.....if you have a D besides you name it stands for "you done" in my book.....but you cannot trust the republicans either....we need more folks like Trump running for our offices.....but just like the demo-rats one you get up there you get infected in their maze of deception....vote for me and I will promise this or that.....Ah the youth is wasted on the young, they would believe anything that offers "free" stuff.....democrats love spending other people money until it runs out.....how long has Bernie been up in DC and how long has Biden been up there....nothing get done except our taxes keep going up and freedoms and slowly eroded away....

I agree with you Mad - they seem to be over reacting a bit

Boys this is why I buy a back-up for the back-up. We have a huge packages of paper towels and toilet paper from Sam's. If we run out of toilet paper I have some old Sears Catalogs that I can use....like in my youth....LOL....

Now would be a good time to start a list of all the folks you come in contact with not the folks you at Sam's or Walmart or Kroger, but those friends that come see you every now and then.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BeaglePup

Re: Coronavirus 19 Cancellations
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 07:24:27 AM »
It is effecting my plant now, we export a lot of paper to China (they make toilet paper and paper towels from the chopped up books and unused fast food containers and ship it back to us....) the Virginia ports are still loading shipping containers onto ships for export but the government is not allowing them to come to port without them sitting for a 14 day quarantine off shore.  Thus, we cannot get empty shipping containers delivered to our plant because there are not any full ones being off loaded.  So far it has not been as bad on the East Coast as it has been on the West Coast.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 06:38:27 PM »
I received an email today that 4 gunshows scheduled fir this month, in various cities in MI have been canceled. That is awful!
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 06:47:14 PM »
I received an email today that 4 gunshows scheduled fir this month, in various cities in MI have been canceled. That is awful!
Now they've gone too far. Seriously.   We're supposed to have one locally next weekend, was hoping to go but now you got me wondering if it will happen.
I volunteer several days a week at an after school program here, teaching kids business and carpentry.  Now that our wonderful governor has edicted that schools are to be cancelled for the rest of March, we won't have the kids.  The sad thing is, you know the kids aren't just going to stay inside and away from others, I have to think the cure is worse than the problem they're trying to "fix", especially given that the youth are apparently minimally affected by this.  The hysteria is a bit over the top methinks - maybe I'm wrong.
and enjoy it!

Offline DPD

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • one cold day
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »
I believe they are working with Biden to discredit Trump.  They want Biden to deal with them and not Trump due to his staunch stance on trade with them and Biden's connection with them with his Son.  Biden never says anything against China even as far as saying using China coronavirus or Wuhan is racist  they control him....remember the movie "The Manchurian Candidate"    BEWARE OF BIDEN
ANY DAY HUNTING/FISHING IS A BETTER DAY THAN WORKING
NAHC Life Member/NY Muzzleloader
NYS Lifetime Sportsman & Lifetime Turkey Permit
US Navy Vietnam combat Veteran 68-72 CTR3
2nd & Last Northeast anniversary party 2010
2012 Summerblast Pennyrile Kentucky

Offline yari

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 08:58:53 AM »
I can't believe how empty the roads are now. it's scary. the interstate looks like it does at 3 AM during rush hour!. i'm not complaining
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
As of yesterday (3-14-2020), the Tennessee Resources Wildlife Agency (the game wardens) have shut down all shooting ranges in Tennessee till April 1st...has anybody else had their range closed ?? 
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »
On Fox News this morning they had an article that states:

"The mayor of Champaign, Illinois, gave herself the power to ban the sale of guns and alcohol after declaring a citywide emergency to address the coronavirus.

Democrat Mayor Deborah Frank Feinen signed the executive order on Thursday declaring a state of emergency for the city. That executive order, which is in line with municipal code, comes with extraordinary powers for the mayor to enact over a short period of time as the city combats the spread of the coronavirus."

They forgot to mention that Gasoline falls under the executive order as well.......I bet she will be in court very shortly on this one....what do you think....In my opinion, this has nothing to do with the covid-19.

Good Link Below -

https://www.illinoisreview.com/illinoisreview/2020/03/champaign-mayor-attempts-to-use-coronavirus-to-ban-sales-of-firearms-alcohol-and-gasoline.html

Even Better Link Below:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/03/13/illinois-mayor-may-ban-firearms-ammunition-as-part-of-emergency-over-wuhan-virus-n2564916
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 10:55:31 AM by BoBallistic »
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »
guns and booze? is that legal?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 08:47:33 PM »
Overstepping her bounds by a mile, and really stupid, trying to give AOC a run for her money apparently
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad