New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: I知 FREEEEEE!  (Read 408 times)

Offline Dutch-Hunter

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
  • Doin' what I love!
I知 FREEEEEE!
« on: January 26, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »
Hello to all, I know it痴 been a while since my last post. I have been self-imprisoned in my 堵ungeon. You know the laboratory of the (clinically certified Are you crazy velocity junky) working on a couple of new projects, which I値l get to in a couple of minutes. The good news I escaped!

Took a quick 鍍herapy trip to my nearby 鍍herapist (Gun dealer) and picked up my new Chiappa SAA 1873. Here痴 the description:

The single action 1873 is a timeless handgun and a symbol of the American West. The Chiappa SAA 1873 series captures the spirit and allure of these fine revolvers. Chambered in easy to shoot, readily accessible rimfire ammunition the SAA 1873 is an excellent single action revolver. Perfect for plinking, target practicing and even small game hunting. This model includes dual cylinders providing the ability to change back and forth between 22LR and 22WMR.

I then learned that Chiappa is going to build my special order 1874 SHARPS RIFLE DOWN UNDER 34"BBL chambered in 327 Fed Mag. Here痴 it痴 description:

Chiappa Firearms Sharps rifles capture the true craftsmanship and nostalgia of the original design with modern manufacturing. All metal parts are CNC machined for precision performance and target grade accuracy. The color case finished receivers are mated to classic octagonal barrels. Beautiful walnut stocks are finished and fit by hand to each barreled action by craftsman for true custom rifle performance, appearance and quality.

Here痴 a link to their website: https://www.chiappafirearms.com/ they are an Italian gun builder and do pretty impressive work. I ordered the Sharps with a Creedmor Mid Range rear ladder sight and fancy walnut woodwork. Really excited to get this new old guy and play with it. I hope it arrives before I leave for Montana in May. It would be a lot of fun to tip a few squirrels, p-dogs and yote or two with it while I知 out there for the entire summer this year.

So thus ends my 鍍herapy now back to my 杜adness. I致e been working on a couple of new projects. First one being a .174 WSSM(the Bitty Bopper) and then a .204 WSSM(the Tiny Topper). I necked down some of my 223 WSSM brass to each caliber. Ordered barrels and reamers going to hang tubes on Defiance actions and hope for the best. In an unexplainable deviance from my 渡orm I知 not going to push these small fries to the max. The target velocity for the 17 is in the 4900 fps range and 4700 for the 20. Hoping to have accuracy to 400 yards and utilize them for gettin 奏ana ground squirrels. The Harrison Ground squirrels that overpopulate the area are about a third to half the size of p-dogs.

I値l post an update and performance report once we池e up and smokin. Dutch out
Gun Geek! Proud of it!
Old enough to know better!
TO old to care!

TalkHunting Community

I知 FREEEEEE!
« on: January 26, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: I知 FREEEEEE!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 12:08:45 PM »
A mere 4700-4900 fps?  What a slacker you've turned into!   --099-780 --099-780 --099-780

Have fun with all of those new toys Mr Quigley - would love to see a photo of that Sharps when you get it - have always loved that design.

Glad you're back!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
 --09--0     ##$%#16  ##$%#16  ##$%#16  ##$%#16  ##$%#16  ##$%#16   wow who is this guy    ##$%#1118
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline gobihawk

• Nov/11 Prize Winner
  • 8 Point
  • Knowledge is the key to success
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »
Great to here from you DH. All summer in Montana sounds awesome. Looking forward to hear about the 204 WSSM. Should be great on the squirrels and dogs. My only therapy this year is a 224 Valkyrie in an AR-15. Working up a load for the Hornady 88 grain match. Looking good so far.
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member
Green Bay Packers Owner & Season Ticket Holder

Offline Puddle Jumper

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 06:44:42 AM »
Who may this mysterious person be??    ##$%#1119

O'Yeah,
We know this guy.  Glad to hear you are back and have a new adventure!     @--0--0123

PJ
That which does not kill me, should RUN
USAF MSgt Ret
NRA Life - Endowment
NRA Whittington Center Sponsor
NAHC Life
American Legion
NC Sheriffs Association Honorary member
NCCSA (NC Concerned Sportsmen Association)
Burgaw Hunting Club

Offline BLUETOE

• 16 Point
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »
Good to hear from ya DH!! The Bitty Bopper and Tiny Topper sound quite impressive and the squirrels should be warned you know in advance like when the 1st round goes off!! ;D I must say I didn't squirrels moved that fast but 4700 and 4900 FPS should catch them off guard. Good luck. The Folks at Chiappa make some very nice pieces congrats on gettin' you one!!!
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 01:49:53 PM »
Who may this mysterious person be??    ##$%#1119

O'Yeah,
We know this guy.  Glad to hear you are back and have a new adventure!     @--0--0123

PJ

At least these adventures don't involve putting gasoline in your diesel truck.....
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 07:44:40 PM »
Smoker's. --09--0

Good to hear from you Dutch...you know speed kills!  @--0--0121
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 09:29:51 AM »
Time to post your gear in action at the range on YouTube. I think you can make the channel private just for TH members
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital