New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: WI tags  (Read 1085 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: WI tags
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
well, it happened. i drew an AZ elk tag. can you believe it? i really have to ramp up the training and shooting now. maybe i'll dial up the 80 yard pin again(just for practice)

now i have to figure out how to get a bear for emily and get down to AZ in time to hunt. i think i will donate my tag to wounded warriors. one bear is plenty to deal with w/ such a short time window. the seasons have 90% overlap.

i knew this would happen! i'm excited for both hunts. i just wish i had more time. fall needs to be a lot longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
That's pretty cool Yari - hope you and Emily can both tag a critter.  It's neat that you have the option to donate your other bear tag - I don't think we have any transferable tags here. 

Hey I read this last night and was wondering if you saw it - apparently your WI DNR is getting ready to hold a public discussion in each county next month regarding proposed changes in the deer hunting regs.    Seems like some weird stuff being proposed by some folks who don't like bowhunters . . .

https://dnr.wi.gov/About/WCC/Documents/spring_hearing/2020/2020_Spring_Questionnaire.pdf
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »
msd- since hiring Dr Deer for a huge salary, they have had these town hall meetings. they say they listen, but it all seems like they already have an agenda. heck, they double the doe tags in my counties up north. that's just stupidity
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 08:12:52 PM »
I am subscribed to Jeff Sturgis' YouTube channel - he is pretty PO'd about the stupidity coming down from your DNR up there. 

I wonder what's going to happen with ours.  The goofy "progressive" (criminal) governor we have put a woman in charge of our DNR who acts like hunting doesn't even exist.  I read her monthly newsletters, all she wants to talk about are the birds and bees (get your mind outta the gutters fellows - she's apparently a birdwatcher and likes her butterfly garden).  We had a good crew in there for a few years between this clown and the previous clown appointed by Blagojevich, but about the time they were getting the ship upright, another election rolled around. 
 @--0--0100 @--0--0100 @--0--0100
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:16 PM »
I am subscribed to Jeff Sturgis' YouTube channel - he is pretty PO'd about the stupidity coming down from your DNR up there. 

I wonder what's going to happen with ours.  The goofy "progressive" (criminal) governor we have put a woman in charge of our DNR who acts like hunting doesn't even exist.  I read her monthly newsletters, all she wants to talk about are the birds and bees (get your mind outta the gutters fellows - she's apparently a birdwatcher and likes her butterfly garden).  We had a good crew in there for a few years between this clown and the previous clown appointed by Blagojevich, but about the time they were getting the ship upright, another election rolled around. 

wait until the LGBQT deer get involved and the DNR starts to protect them. it's right around the corner ##$%#15
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

wait until the LGBQT deer get involved and the DNR starts to protect them. it's right around the corner ##$%#15
If it's brown, it's still down.  Or do we need to check and see if they have a little rainbow ribbon on them?   --099-780 --099-780 --099-780
and enjoy it!

Offline notsams

• Mar/11 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2020, 07:02:47 PM »
Yari      Congrats on the Elk tag. sounds like you have a busy but potentially very rewarding fall planned. Good luck.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad