New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: Bo - Here's a Great Deal On a Savage 220  (Read 216 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Bo - Here's a Great Deal On a Savage 220
« on: December 04, 2019, 10:42:19 AM »
Bo's discussion of the Savage 220 slug gun has got me thinking, and then yesterday I see a local guy selling one (attempting to anyway, he's asking more than retail for it - good luck dude).  I decided to check Armslist out and I find the one in the link below.  Hard to believe Savage would recycle a model number like that.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/10262669/phoenix-arizona-shotguns-for-sale--savage-model-220-single-shot-12-gauge-shotgun-inventory---g-i-17580
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
Re: Bo - Here's a Great Deal On a Savage 220
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »
not the same 220 witch is a blot action and the 212 is the same only in 12  very strange to recycle the number
turkey season was a wet one now on to deer hunting in October

dave 1211

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
that would be a surprise when it arrived
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 07:05:19 PM »
Mad - I'm in no hurry to get the Savage 220....have a BPS with a Haskins Barrel on the 12 gauge plus about 200 rounds of the Winchester slugs, that I got about 10 years ago, need to take them out and shoot some of them up....I know exactly what box they are in....I have the BPS with the Haskins Barrel with a 4X fixed Tasco World Class Plus on it.( this was the last good scope that Tasco put out before they filed for Bankruptcy way back when.....I like to say that I got it about the mid 90's and got a bunch of the scopes. I would say that they are as good as a VX2 I think over the period that I bought then from 96 to 01 or 02, I must have bought probably 12 to 15 scopes, I know my Remington's ML700 (both of them) have the Tasco World Class Plus on them).

I will start looking at the Savage's 220 (camo and stainless) early next year, but for now, have the Bergara Muzzle Brake ST-1 come in and have installed it on the Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor....and have some Kidney Stones issues to deal with, my wife, bless her heart has a large on that they have to go in and get it out!! That will next week...and have to get a couple of new front tires for the Tundra before I head back down to GA for the final hunt and close up of the camper for the season....I will get the bowl games and new years and Christmas behind me before starting to hunt for a great deal on a Savage 220....Thanks for the link about the Rossi or H&R Single shot but the link regardless of what it says, ain't no Savage 220.....

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 07:54:15 PM »
That barrel was stamped as Savage Model 220 - saw a couple more on Armslist while I was looking.  Still seems odd that they'd re-use that designation.
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 05:30:37 AM »
Mad - could be, but doubt it...check of my savage archives, show nothing.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 08:00:50 AM »
Bo, here's a link to a discussion thread with more info on the "original" Savage 220.  Apparently the update after their model 94, removing the external hammer among other things.  Take a look at the one converted to a slug gun, I bet there's some recoil to that light gun.
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=302137
and enjoy it!

New Page 3

Google Ad