New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: alomost got one  (Read 294 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
alomost got one
« on: November 03, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »
as you know, I like to try to tame nature. a couple years ago I caught a woodcock during turkey season. this weekend, the deer weren't playing nice so I went for a hike. I got to an old logging road and flushed 4 grouse at 30 yards. I didn't have a shotgun, so it was a non-event. as I walked up the road I noticed there was a straggler strutting. it was nervous, but not in a hurry. being bored stiff hunting, I figured i'd try to catch it. I talked my way to about 10 feet. I began to think this was going to work. at 5', I had no idea how I would grab it. if I crouched, it would get too nervous. I decided to lean over and he flew. man it was close. the entire event took 7-8 minutes. it was a nice break from seeing no deer

spruce hens in Canada are very dumb. you can kill them w/ a stick. but ruffed grouse are normally more cautious. it was probably this year's hatch. if there was anyone around or a trail cam around, i'm sure they would send me to the nut house @--0--0105
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

TalkHunting Community

alomost got one
« on: November 03, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
Re: alomost got one
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 10:21:38 PM »
You need to borrow Robert's stick!  --099-780 --099-780 --099-780
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »
You need to borrow Robert's stick!  --099-780 --099-780 --099-780

did his patent come through? is he in full production yet @--0--0105?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:59:22 PM »
I don't know if you can mass produce those or not - seems like there's some kind of mystical mojo in that particular chunk of wood and that's not something you can create in a factory.  Better stick with his original.
 @--0--0101
and enjoy it!

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 08:12:21 PM »
Funny story! I used to hunt stocked pheasants in PA many years ago. They were so tame when they first let them out you could have caught them or certainly hit them with a stick. Not a lot of fun that way. Once I had to nearly kick one to get him to fly and then I missed him!
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »
Yeah BC - we used to do that around here too and it was just as you described.  Seems like you could pretty much pick them up - and it was pretty humbling to miss them once they finally realized they should be flying away!  A friend of mine had an incredible bird dog - he brought a hen to my friend's hand one of those days, in perfect condition, just decided to pick it up rather than flush it I guess.  He tossed it up in the air for one of the other guys, and it flew away apparently unscathed.  That was over 20 years ago, still haven't let him forget it of course. 
 ##$%#113
and enjoy it!

Online dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 05:48:52 PM »
bird whisperrrrrrr    @--0--0118
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20