New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: What companies still make single shot rifles?  (Read 70 times)

Offline lswoody

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
What companies still make single shot rifles?
« on: October 25, 2019, 07:36:36 PM »
I know CVA, Traditions and Henry Rifles do. What others are there?
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline sundowner

• TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
Re: What companies still make single shot rifles?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »
I think that Thomson Center still I have a Encore with 4 different barrels for it and an Omega 50 cal muzzle loader . 
Member NWTF
Member Ducks Unlimited
Member Whitetails Unlimited
Member NRA 
 Member RMEF

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:04:43 PM »
The TC Encore is definitely still available, not sure about the Contender.  Also not sure if Ruger is still making the #1.  What caliber and price range are you thinking? 
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 06:42:43 AM »
Also there are Barrel making companies like Shilen and Kreiger and others who make barrels for single shot rifles....

What about Rossi, Blaser K95, Ruger #1's....to name a few, but the market out there is full of single shot rifles from the most inexpensive that will cost you in the low hundreds to the really nice Blaser K95 that will cost you in the thousands.....

Just be patient and keep looking....is there anything specially that you are looking for?

I know that the Ruger No 1's are still the most beautiful rifle out there for the money and after years and years of frustration of no being very accurate (just in the design) had to send all of mine to two places in Minnesota, a cyroing company to have the barrels cryo treated (freeze them for to -300 F) and E Arthur Brown (EABCO) that put in a series or modification for a shade over $300 each rifle...but they all shoot under 1 MOA today thanks to EABCO....EABCO also makes single shot rifles.

But there is a whole market out there that is dedicated to the single shot market!!

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

New Page 3

Google Ad