New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Hunting Season 2019  (Read 1790 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Re: Hunting Season 2019
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 07:04:08 AM »
Hope everyone will have an eventful Deer Season......get out there and in your stand, blind or stalking, it is that time of the year!

See ya after the next couple of weeks......Good Luck to All......

Bo
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2019, 07:04:08 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 10:08:11 AM »
Trucks packed I have to work until 5pm then head down to camp and meet up with everyone!  Tomorrow will be perfect.  They are predicting our first frost of the year. Today it is 70.  The 10 day forecast looks great. This weather change should kick off the rut. 

Good luck everyone and be safe! 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 07:29:00 PM »
Good luck to all of you guys in camp. I sure wish I could be there with you all but I just got home from an 11 day in the woods and doing it again on the 21st to the 26th then again from Thanksgiving for another 10 days.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline Deerhead

• 12 Point Droptine
  • Team
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:54 PM »
Just got back from 10 days at camp.  I saw deer every day.  Had an 8pt within 10ft when I was hunting a new spot on the ground.  His horns were just inside the ears and the tines were not very tall. He was a young buck Maybe 2.5 yrs old.  He will be really nice next year.

Deer were on the move and the rut was getting good when I had to leave.  Split Toe, Bo and Jap were still going strong.  All three saw good bucks.  Jap shot an 8pt during muzzleloader season and was looking for a true trophy buck to close his season out on. So he let a real nice 8pt walk. Split Toe saw nice 7pt and 8pt but he was looking for a tall tine 8pt we had on camera.  Bo saw two shooter bucks but could not close the deal.  Just needed one or two more seconds.  I will share any news if I hear from them.. 
Team Skully
Butts County Sportsmen's Club

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 06:43:21 PM »
Sounds pretty good Deerhead, enough quality bucks showing themselves to keep everyone excited about the next day's hunt!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »
that's great. i'm glad you guys are in the thick of it. keep us posted
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »
Yea - One more hunt for me, its the After Christmas Hunt from the Dec 26 to Jan 1, 2 or 4th or 5th...not sure the exact date, just depends of everyone else, but this time will not be taking down any water with me (30 gallons of fresh TN spring water - LOL, from the back yard facut...LOL. But this time will be taking down a new layer of clothes some that are heavier for the cooler weather..will be bringing the ATV and the Big Blind and will close up the camper until the spring clean up day say sometimes in late Fed or for Turkey season.....

Will be useing the Twins 308, the Kimber 8400 Patrol rifles with the Leupold VX6 2-12X x 42mm, with its 30mm tube, both are set up exactly the same with the same scope and rings and the cant level....

So far have seen 43 deer during the day light hours. Most of my big deer, the shooters, come strolling through during the night time hours...had the shooter show up at 9 PM and 1 AM and 3 AM so far....did set another Browning GTC out after our 10 day hunt was up and sure enough, true to form, a good size buck showed up...forgot the time and the date so that info is wrong, I think I set it correctly when I was down there for Thanksgiving. See picture...it is a nice buck but the time and date are wrong...it was between the end of the 10 day hunt and Thanksgiving hunt this year....

It has been a great year so far!!

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
i was wondering how you guys were doing. i hadn't seen any pics or updates

good luck
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
Yari - Living here in TN its hard to keep up with the guys. This weekend Split Toe, Jap51, Cobbguy and I think Deerhead and a few others will be down at the club this weekend...but we all have seen deer just not the big ones that we all have on Game Trail Cameras!!

We have a good time this year and we plan on hunting one more time together after Christmas hunt (Dec 26 to the 1st of Jan) myself I will down there to about the 4th or 5th....We all are getting older for sure!!
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2019, 07:41:15 PM »
this year was the worse bow hunted one day and my dad died 11/13/19 the Wednesday before gun started was off for two week trying to adjust him being gone juts could not hunt much he hunt a lot when I was growing up and did not see anything when I was out.  bow and muzzleloader season ends Tuesday
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

Offline yari

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »
I saw more deer in one sit in SD than I did in WI all year. WI was really terrible. I didn't see a single deer the first 2 weeks of November. before this year, I thought that would be impossible. the season is doe only now and they get a pass. the bow season end in January for the metro. I hope to get out, but the wind and cold temps are here a month early. 

GLOBAL WARMING I GUESS. WI has had the most rain ever on record in 2019 and below average temps all year
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2020, 07:52:29 AM »
2019 will go down as a good year for me, even though my freezer is getting pretty low on venison....but between Thanksgiving hunt and the after Christmas Hunt, they started logging again. This time they logged about 60 acres. The loggers destroyed a real nice and close food plot. We all saw deer the six of us that hunted for about 4 days. We had our Saturday night steaks. The Camper needs repair in a big way, use a bunch of duct tape but will take a lot of TLC to get it retored....may head down serval time during Turkey season and do a little hunting and some trailer patching up. If you remember, have been hit buy two pine trees and had to repair/replace the roof twice on it....need to take down another pine tree before I will start sleeping better...

Only took down the Kimber twins. They are 2 Kiber 8400 Patrol rifles in 308 topped off with a Leupold VX6 2-12X scope they have 20" heavy barrels. Both are dime shooters and they load very similar.....but I forgot my slings again! I keep a cheap one in the camper just in case.....LOL....

Bo

RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 11:55:14 AM »
it must be tough not having control of the land you hunt. when I hunted public, it was always an adventure to deal w/ the cuttings

glad you had a good time. any good bucks killed? pics?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
Yari - Yes have 3 or 4 good shooter bucks - but this year, started to video them instead of still pictures....will never do that again....the pictures are the way to go.....

Had a nice rub real close to the blind that I have set up, probably about 75 yards or so from it...see picture.....Also had a bunch of Turkeys that I kept seeing, they were probably 5 yards from the blind...saw them about 4 times, they are 5 Gobblers see picture....from the blind with the cell phone......

About the logging, you are so right, we don't have any control over the property, and never talk to the land owners (three of them) just their persons and the land manager....but it is located far from prying eyes and we have been there about 10 years and have not had anything stolen from our camp so we feel very lucky there, but with this logging going on wonder if it will draw any local attention...hope not...but plan on being there about another 10 years or so, I will be 80 then, time to hang up then that is if I reach 80...Eeeks, thinking of the alternative....

See Pictures
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline yari

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 11:02:18 PM »
looks like nice country. did you get any pics of the kills?
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad