New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: first doe already?  (Read 99 times)

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
first doe already?
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:40:31 AM »
the bucks at my dad's place are gone, as are most of the does. I think the yotes pushed them out last week. I haven't had a good buck on cam in 2 weeks!

i'm wondering if they were shot(doubtful) or all are chasing the 1st doe to come in heat(this would be early) the bucks should be moving pretty good right now. my best stand doesn't even have activity. something is really off

anyone else having this issue?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Online Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: first doe already?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 05:23:35 PM »
Majority of the corn is still standing around here, that tends to be the big driver for a shift in movement patterns (other than the rut of course).  Found a few small scrapes in my two outings, but it really doesn't look like the deer are spending much time in the woods.  I did have a doe & young one come by my first morning out, appeared that they came down to the creek for a drink & then were heading back up towards the field.  Normal trails that are often trampled/muddy are pretty weedy.  The deer are there but I just think they're spending most of their time in the fields yet.  Saw 6 last night around 9pm as we were driving back home near the driveway, that's the most I've seen for a long time and really not seeing any daytime movement to speak of.  Not much on my camera out behind the house, moving it this afternoon to the other end of the property to see what's going across there.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 09:14:40 PM »
Around here, for some reason, or according to the experts, the bucks move from their summer pattern to their fall pattern. All I know that no matter what we've had on trail cams prior to the first week of September, usually all disappear! I took the 7 point on the 24th and I've had a bunch of smaller bucks showing up now and again but the large boys have been on camera few times fighting, but during the night. The does are still coming around and I took on last Wednesday but the bucks, as a general rule, disappear and sometimes never to be seen again. Not sure that helps but it's been like this for years.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

Offline MichiganLouie

• 16 Point
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 09:28:13 PM »
I have seen 3 bucks this last week, and I was just walking the pupper. Between 7 & 8 am. This is encouraging to me, as I haven't been seeing that many deer this year.
Don't ask the Lord to guide your steps, unless you're willing to move your feet.
NRA Life Member.
Started reloading my own ammo to save money 35 yrs ago.  Should start saving money anytime now.

Offline NWIAdeerhunter

• 2009 Prize Winner
  • 10 Point
  • Matthews z7 magnum, remington .270 bdl, TC Triumph
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:19:56 PM »
i haven't been out for a week, but last saturday I had a real good 8 and a small buck and several does in the WTI fusion plot, but it is also deep in the timber and has been a pretty active plot all year.  I think they are still around just changing things up, this is kind of the october lull period I think.
tank of gas: $50
hunting licence: $190
ammo: $20
getting to spend time with family and hunting buddies: priceless

Offline yari

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
who knows? all the crops are still up. maybe they went to the corn for some reason?
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

New Page 3

Google Ad