New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: buy a cross bow  (Read 1718 times)

Offline wthunter

• Fawn
buy a cross bow
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
I had surgery on right shoulder in Feb. doctor siad Icould not use a regular bow should go to a cross bow. there are so many ranges is prices and makes can u please give me some on picking a good cross bow thank you

sticker pt

Re: buy a cross bow
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
 WT what do you have to spend.$$$$$$  i dont use one but the men that do i know all seem to love the TEN POINT CROSSBOW.  BUT IF YOU WANT BLAZING SPEED GO WITH THE STRYKER BY BOWTECH  IBO 405 SMOKE'IN

Offline Hunt Master

• Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • If at once you dont succeed, nock another arrow!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »
If you can't be hunting....  Be here...  --9-8-7
TalkHunting  Founder

Offline wvwhitetail

• Chief of Security
  • Administrator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
    • Wabash Valley Whitetail
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
I have seen the stryker and it is awesome.

sticker pt

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 11:02:34 AM »
I have seen the stryker and it is awesome.
that cross-bow was 1st made for the seal team's  ><((   >>>>------------------->  BY AIR/LAND/SEA NOW A TREE STAND  ;D

Offline western KY hunter

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 14 Point
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »
wthunter that stryker crossbow cost 1500.oo or more horton makes a good bow thats less than 500.00 ten pt makes a bow it used to be titan 4  around 500.00 it shoot great out to about 40 yards with plenty of killing power now i think its called titan 7
MIKE'S MAGIC  PRO STAFF
OWNER and HEAD GUIDE FOR RIVER OAK OUTFITTER'S
HUNTED FOR 33 YEARS
FOUNDER OF WKHTM

Offline Elk 2

• Fawn
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 04:57:31 PM »
          Most crossbows are fine.  I just happened to go with Horton from word of mouth.   I have to have the easy winder and the string on it got worn so I sent it back in to get a new string put on it.   They replaced the string on the easy winder and didn't charge me.  In July I sent the cross bow back to Horton to have a new cable and string put on it.  They charged me $42 and when I got the cross bow back they replaced the limbs and trigger mechanism which were about 4 or 5 years old and didn't charge me a dime.  Now that is taking care of the customer.  I paid around $750 for the model I have and am pleased that a company would take such good care of their customers.  My two cents worth anywho.  Good hunting this fall.   I usually get 6 or 7 whitetails with the bow and a couple with my 35 Rem Contender pistol.    Elk

Offline flbuckhunter

• 2008 Prize Winner
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 05:00:17 PM »
Thanks for the input Elk and welcome to the board. It is always nice to here a story of a company in the hunting industry that takes good care of their clients. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to hearing more from you.
Hunting, I am not obsessed I am possessed.
South Florida Field Representative National Rifle Association
Endowment Life Member NRA
Lifetime Florida Sportsman's License Holder
Co-Chairman Sarabay Chapter Friends of the NRA
QDMA Member

Offline kawappa

• 2010 Prize Winner
  • 7 Point
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »
Before you purchase a crossbow, check out this website:      www.excaliburcrossbow.com.   They are a small company that take pride in their work. I shoot the exomag and love it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:17:49 AM by Hunt Master »
I'd rather be hunting
48 years of hunting experience

New Page 3

Google Ad