New Page 2

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Author Topic: New Crossbow - Steyker Solutions LS  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
Re: New Crossbow - Steyker Solutions LS
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 04:42:46 PM »
Haven't had to move my Xbow scope for the last couple of years.  Dead on at 25 yds, have to shoot at different bulls to avoid destroying bolts.  Will start trying longer ranges even though I never get long shots where I bowhunt.  I think the longer ranges will help reveal any issues I'm having with the hold, trigger, etc.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2018, 08:23:08 PM »
I had to send my Concorde CB back to Parker last week. So, I took my Parker Buckbuster out and shot it in from my tree stand. Had to adjust the reticle on the scope and three shots all in a 1 circle of the target spot I aimed at.
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2019, 07:50:10 AM »
I need to shot the Styker Crossbow for the 2019 season, hopefully it is still on like it was in 2018, out to 70 yards!!! Wow, it was great shape back in 2018.....now get the smoke pole out and make sure it is own for the 2019 season....

What I will do this year like I have done for the past three seasons, is to head to GA for the last three or four days of Archery and the first three or four days of Muzzle loader then head back to TN and refresh before heading down to GA for our two week annual hunt.....

I will start shooting the crossbow and the compound bow (PSE Mach Flite Four - I know it is old and out of date but I like to still shoot a few arrow through it....for old time sake) probably in about 2 weeks in early August...hopefully only need a few shots at different distances, can go out to 50 yds. in the backyard. So will shoot three arrows at 25 yards then three at 35 and then three at 40 then three at 50 and we will go from there.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2019, 04:12:19 AM »
Have been shooting the Styker in the back yard a bunch lately. I will shoot the crossbow afterward the wife does her morning watering of her plants!! LOL....the groups are getting smaller. It seems like with the crossbow as well as the rifle, have to get back use to two things, trigger and breathing controls......I have to be aware of both of those things regardless of what I am shooting.....
NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 12 Point Double Droptine
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2019, 08:10:50 AM »
Yeah Bo, I have to really think about it too with my crossbow.  The trigger is pretty crisp but it has a really high pull weight.  The longer the shot the more it matters of course.
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline Bearclaw

• 12 Point
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2019, 07:01:05 PM »
That's why we practice (or should) practice before the season to get used to thinking about what we are doing. Breathing, etc. We get so used to doing all of that during the season but don't realize that sometimes we forget. Not intentionally but just because we haven't gone through the checklist in nearly a year. Good practice makes good, accurate and ethical shooting.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
'Honor Begins At Home' (from the movie "Courageous")

New Page 3

Google Ad