New Page 2

Donate to TalkHunting

!!

You are a Guest at TalkHunting

As a guest here, you are able to view some of the topics to get a feel for how this site works. However, you will not be able to post replies until you become a member. We hope that you will register (free) and become a member. This will open up all of the website for you to see. We are a very friendly group and we do not allow any bashing, fighting, or vulgarity. If you are looking for a family friendly site to talk about hunting, you have found it here at TalkHunting. You will find this a very comfortable and friendly place to visit and hang out. We hope to see you soon!

If you are having problems getting registered or you didn't receive your activation email, click the "Contact Us" link at the top left of this page.

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Author Topic: Welcome to Fall  (Read 572 times)

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
Welcome to Fall
« on: September 23, 2019, 04:56:48 AM »
This morning I was up when Fall Arrived....they have predicted that the temp was going to reach 90 degrees today here in the East Tennessee....Where is it? Where is Fall? Is it hiding? and the dryness! We need to rain! Today they said that the Temps will be above average at least till the 6th of Oct...holy smokes - no smoking in the woods this year, its going to be so dry, you will hear the deer coming a 100 yards away, you will be able to hear them before seeing them.....

But it's going to wait till we have out annual 2 week hunt back around Nov 1st and it will rain no-stop till we pack up and head home!! Right Dutch and Gutshot!! If is does do that we all will head for Macon's Ga Bass Pro Shop....or we could go find a weather proof blind somewhere and hunt through the rain...that is what I want to do this year is to stay in the woods an hour or two longer than previous years......

Come on cooler weather!!!

NRA Life-Endowment-Patron Member
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Proud Member of Butts County Sportsman Asso
20 yrs of Western Elk/Muley/Antelope Hunts
2009 & 2011 African Safaris
Share Your Knowledge

TalkHunting Community

Welcome to Fall
« on: September 23, 2019, 04:56:48 AM »
New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Offline Gutshot

• 2015/16 TH Deer Champion
  • TH Staff - Moderator
  • TalkHunting Dominant Buck
  • Potter County "God's Country"
Re: Welcome to Fall
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 06:18:22 AM »
This morning I was up when Fall Arrived....they have predicted that the temp was going to reach 90 degrees today here in the East Tennessee....Where is it? Where is Fall? Is it hiding? and the dryness! We need to rain! Today they said that the Temps will be above average at least till the 6th of Oct...holy smokes - no smoking in the woods this year, its going to be so dry, you will hear the deer coming a 100 yards away, you will be able to hear them before seeing them.....

But it's going to wait till we have out annual 2 week hunt back around Nov 1st and it will rain no-stop till we pack up and head home!! Right Dutch and Gutshot!! If is does do that we all will head for Macon's Ga Bass Pro Shop....or we could go find a weather proof blind somewhere and hunt through the rain...that is what I want to do this year is to stay in the woods an hour or two longer than previous years......

Come on cooler weather!!!
Sounds about right BO, it's going to be in the mid to high 70's today, we were in the high 80's yesterday. Rain has been forecasted off and on all day today. The leaves here are just drying up and falling off the trees, with little to no rain in the past month or so the fall colors may not be so impressive this year. Our archery season opened this past Saturday with temps in or near 90 degrees. Way to hot for many hunters, but the ones that got out there did very well with some nice bucks.
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
SummerBlast 2010, 2011,2012, 2015 & 2016
American Military Retirees Association
54 Years of Hunting Experience
Youngwood Sportsmens Association 53 Years
WalleyeBlast 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Offline BLUETOE

• TH Staff - Contest Team
  • 16 Point
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:44:18 AM »
Oh yes indeed FALL is here too 92 today 81 tomorrow and Wed then 90 again. We got the same forecast Bo 80's and 90's the next 2 weeks!! And no rain here either we need some bad. I though we were going to catch the brush on fire Sat just running the brush hog through it  --099-780 didn't stop in the high stuff much. We should look into some portable AC units if we are going to hunt in this!!  --099-780 --099-780
If it's brown it's down

Life member of the NRA
Life member of NAHC
Member NWTF
Life member of NTA

Offline yari

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:41:25 AM »
we finally cooled off today!!! 50 this morning!!! it had been upper 80's to 90 w/ dewpoints in the 70's. IF I WANTED FL WEATHER, I'D MOVE THERE @--0--0105

i plan to head up thursday for the cabin. sounds like rain, but still have some work that needs doing. hopefully hunt in the evenings
'HUNT WITH YOUR KIDS NOT FOR THEM'
NAHC LIFE MEMBER
SCI MEMBER
DU MEMBER
MUSKY hunter
NRA

Offline Madgomer

• 2016 TH Turkey Champion
  • 14 Point
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 07:04:55 PM »
We had upper 50's this morning after three days of rain.  Got over 5" since Friday evening.  Cool front came in last night though & we have dry air & blue skies and low 70's today.  A welcome change!
One of God's greatest gifts to us is
the great outdoors - get out there
and enjoy it!

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 07:14:20 PM »
You Guys with plenty of rain, please send us some down here....got an email from Deer Head today and him and Split Toe was down at the club this weekend, and they were saying the food plots don't look so good!! And it rain hard that night 2 hours after we got through planting them!!! Ouch!!

##$%#15
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »
I figured with all of the hurricane/tropical storm activity you guys would have a lot of precip down there.
and enjoy it!

Offline Split toe

• 2017 Deer Hunting Champion
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
I figured with all of the hurricane/tropical storm activity you guys would have a lot of precip down there.
We've not got a drop of rain from any of the storms. It was a wonderful 52 degrees Sunday morning but right back into the 90's. Going to be 98 this weekend. Just too hot to hunt! We need both rain and cool weather and none in sight!
NRA Member
NWTF Member
Butts County Sportsmen's Club-President
Keep your arrows sharp and your powder dry-always in search of split-toe!!!
52 years hunting experience
2015,2016, 2018,2019 WalleyeBlast
2015, 2016 Summerblast

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »
Dry and hot here days. Nights drop to 60-50s
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline BoBallistic

• 14 Point
  • Share Your Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 07:03:22 AM »
The weather supposedly, I said supposedly to break around Oct 4th or 5th here in East Tennessee with the high on Oct 5th to be in the high 70's....and in Ga the high will be in the low 80's....it maybe too late for our food plots? Hopefully it will rain and rain some more between now and then...will head South for GA Muzzle Loader Deer Season on the Oct 15 and load up the smoke pole on the 16th....

But we need the rain in the Southeast, more than we need a Vol football win, we need to rain, everybody benefits from it.....
RMEF Life Member
Buckmasters Life Member
2019 NWTF Member
Share Your Knowledge

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 10:57:53 AM »
Well, here in the Mid-South we don't seem to get Fall.

Today our high is headed to 91, tomorrow 88, Saturday and Sunday 91....Never get Fall
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Madgomer

• 14 Point
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 06:13:53 PM »
We'll try to share some.  Has been beautiful here today, right around 70.  Yesterday was about 80.  Would still like it colder though, I have a hard time getting excited about heading out with a bow until the temps are at least below 60, and ideally lower still.
and enjoy it!

Offline BeaglePup

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 05:46:39 AM »
We'll try to share some.  Has been beautiful here today, right around 70.  Yesterday was about 80.  Would still like it colder though, I have a hard time getting excited about heading out with a bow until the temps are at least below 60, and ideally lower still.
Like many of our "Southern" members, We can hunt into early November in t-shirts if we choose to.   Our Deer, though, are used to it being warm and still move but usually early in the morning and later in the evening.  Heck, mid day in the heat might as well just go home until the rut really kicks in around the first week of November.
NRA, Buckmaster, NWTF Member
'09 Eastern Anniversary Party
'10 NE Anniversary Party
'10 Old Spanish Fort Hunt TH Hog Hunt
'11 Treasure Hill Outfitters Turkey Hunt
'11 & '12 Summer Blast, Pennyrile SP, KY
FO of the Eastern Star

Offline Flintlock1776

• 12 Point Droptine
    • NYFD
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »
Temps holding to warm here70-80s here. As I recall, fall always took its tim dropping the temps until end of October. However, the leaves have been changing quicker now and more acorns down. Shorter days has its effect maybe more than fast drops in temps?
Remember the 343
9-11-01
George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Member Buckmaster's
Member NWTF
Wounded Warrior Project
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Offline dave 1211

• TalkHunting Supporter
  • 18 Point
  • deer season
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 09:22:50 AM »
I have to did out my cool weather clothes now 62 outside right now    @--0--0127
time for food plots deer season is coming 10/1/20

dave 1211

New Page 3

Google Ad

Google Ad

Google Ad